Msd ignition plug gap ?????

-

younggun2.0

Reaction score
I have a 383 with eddy heads and a pretty big cam. 250@ .050 .525 lift. I have a complete MSD ignition.

MSD 6AL
MSD PRO BILLET DIZZY
MSD BLASTER 2 COIL
MSD 8.5MM RACE WIRES.

I have read that you can run up to .060 on the plug gaps. I am totally new to anything other than stock specs on plug gap. what do you guys run with the hotter ignition?

I run a .050 gap with my eddy headed 410 sb.I run autolite race plugs,been this way for 3 yrs.I usually replace plugs at the start of the race season.

Complete MSD 7AL-2 step,Dizzy,wires,cap/rotor with SS Blaster coil.

I run a .050 gap with my eddy headed 410 sb.I run autolite race plugs,been this way for 3 yrs.I usually replace plugs at the start of the race season.

Complete MSD 7AL-2 step,Dizzy,wires,cap/rotor with SS Blaster coil.

I currently have my plugs gapped at .035 per the factory specs. i wonder if opening up the gap will effect my air fuel condition. just got timing all dialed in and its still running too rich. I am just trying to make sure all other variables are in check before i start tweaking on the carb.

I would definitely try .050-.060 with your set up. If you were running boost, then I would stay where you are at, or go down to .025-.028.

The whole theory behind the multiple spark discharge, is that you can supposedly run a wider gap because of the hotter spark. Going wider on your gap, may in fact clean up some of your issue.

Your car is sick, by the way!!!

I,m sure MSD recommends a .050 gap when running their electronics.I,m no carb guru,but would step down a couple jet sizes after gapping to .050,then check plugs.Others will chime in with their experiences.

i have yet to get a vacuum gauge on the manifold to set the 4 corner idle mixture screws. That and the carb back fired twice pretty good when i first started it for the initial run in on the cam. My bet is the power valve blew.

mad calls for .050 that .015 really make a difference. Id like to see a dyno pull on plug gap it sure feels like 30 hp difference it will deff, feel like a new motor
would never go back open them up it will really come alive

-
Back