msd placement

-

OiiiiiiO

Reaction score
picked up the 6al box and the instructions are pretty clear except, i can`t make up my mind ,where to put it. is there one place that`s best??

picked up the 6al box and the instructions are pretty clear except, i can`t make up my mind ,where to put it. is there one place that`s best??

I place mine where the washer fluid bottle used to be, on top of the inner fender.

engine bay.jpg

Somewhere there is an under the hood thread. They are mounted everywhere. Here's where I mounted mine.

P1010101.JPG

Mount it inside the car, under the dash or to the back side of the firewall! Then it is away from the heat and vibrations of the engine and gives your underhood area a cleaner look. 8)

I made a bracket that attaches to the where the steering column bolts to the dash frame. It's out of sight untill you kneel on the ground. I also have it mounted so that the rev limiter chip is on the bottom.

well..... that is the million dollar question. do you want to see it? do you want to tuck it down low? i put mine on a bracket i made and mounted it to my battery tray. it used to be on the drivers inner fender.

DSC01619 (Medium).JPG

This is how they do it at Mosher's - behind the firewall, under the dash with what look to be home-brew brackets. This image is from an early B-body, but I guess you could apply it to any car if you wanted.

msd-01.jpg

mine is mounted on my heater box in the interior. cool, dry, low vibration...keeping everything an electrical component hates to a minimum

I like Re fastbacks work. I do that myself. Inside the car is a great option, but adds work to the installation. You gotta wanna work a bit to do it like that running wires through the fire wall. It's not hard to do at all, it just adds time running the wires and figureing out where to go through the wall.
Really not a big deal.

But I like under the battery. Even more so with the extra terminals. Helps keep everything clean and neat.

love the glovebox trick,where do you put the timeslips?lOL thats kewl!!!Had a buddy that ran a pure stock racecar,he disected the msd box and an electronic lean burn air cleaner and installed it there,never got caught with it,it was definately undetectable.

-
Back