MSN.COM names a new president

-

dibbons

Reaction score
The Clocks Are Changing In Europe But Why Not The U.S.?

"The U.S. states will change clocks a week later at 2 a.m. on November 5 at the end of what is known as Daylight Saving Time (DST). That’s along with Canada, and nine other territories including Bermuda and Cuba.

Americans will have lighter mornings and darker evenings because of the earlier sunrises and sunsets in what is a tradition initiated by former President Benjamin Franklin to conserve energy, according to Live Science."

"The U.S. states will change clocks a week later at 2 a.m. on November 5 at the end of what is known as Daylight Saving Time (DST). That’s along with Canada, and nine other
territories including Bermuda and Cuba.

Americans will have lighter mornings and
darker evenings because of the earlier
sunrises and sunsets in what is a tradition initiated by former President Benjamin Franklin to conserve energy, according to
Live Science."

So Ben was a president.. Interesting.
Well a lot of history is being rewritten.

"The U.S. states will change clocks a week later at 2 a.m. on November 5 at the end of what is known as Daylight Saving Time (DST). That’s along with Canada, and nine other territories including Bermuda and Cuba.

Americans will have lighter mornings and darker evenings because of the earlier sunrises and sunsets in what is a tradition initiated by former President Benjamin Franklin to conserve energy, according to Live Science."

Franklin never held the office of President of the United States.

Why do we need to change the time at all? Australia I believe doesn't change at all and they do just fine. Just pick the best solution for everyone and LEAVE IT ALONE.

Well, since you asked.

Ben Franklin was explaining Daylight Saving Time to an Indian.
The Indian just shakes his head and says : "Only white man would think cutting bottom off blanket off and sewing it on top would make blanket longer".

Naw.
The real reason is so the little kiddies will not have to wait for the bus in the dark.
It the breeders, again.

Well, since you asked.

Ben Franklin was explaining Daylight Saving Time to an Indian.
The Indian just shakes his head and says : "Only white man would think cutting bottom off blanket off and sewing it on top would make blanket longer".

Naw.
The real reason is so the little kiddies will not have to wait for the bus in the dark.
It the breeders, again.
This is the explanation around these parts.

I think there was a statute here of President Franklin, but it got torn down

i thought grant was on the 1000 bills, hence the name, a grand?

Rice Krispies are on the 100,000.

100-grand-snack-size-candy-bar-127663.jpg

I can remember chocolate bars at 10 cents, same as chips and a coke was 15. We'd get a coke and chips for a quarter. Today that doesn't cover the tax.

I bought a car years ago.
The dealer told me no checks. Cash deal.
Kid all i will take is Dead Presidents.
So i went to the bank got $1 500.00 in ones and came back.
He bitched and said what are you a smart ***.
Why didnt you get hundreds.
So i told him Im smarter then you.
Franklin was never a president. Be glad i didnt bring pennies.

With inflation over the years, I find it strange (funny) the dollar coins have not taken the place of the one dollar bill, and the two dollar bill has not taken the place of the one dollar bill. If I were president, I would update our currency like that ... and I would eliminate the gasoline prices that end in 9/10ths of a silly cent.

And speaking of pennies, I understand it costs more to mint them than what they are worth, might as well eliminate them too and round things off to the nearest five cents (and/or put the change back on our debit card/account).

Jefferson.jpg

price.jpg

Last edited:
We have the Loonie and the Toonie which is fine and they last for a long time but you land up with a pile of change in your pocket

I dont see the need for coins at all.
As for $2.00 bills.
Every take one to a 7/11.
Ive done it a few times. The response is funny.

That's why you need to eliminate the one dollar bill at the same time as (re)introducing the two dollar bill, so that the cashiers have a slot in the register.

When a was a pre-teen (circa 1965), during summer vacation I took two dollars in change to a bank (I did not even have an account there) and asked for a two dollar bill. I still have it.

I also saved the only dollar i ever "earned" playing the guitar on the beach in Hermosa Beach, California. I was taking a beginner's classical guitar class at Community College at the time and was practicing my homework. I never really got the hang of it and still don't know how to play. But the two little boys walking by threw a dollar bill down on the ground in front of me. At first, I thought they were litter bugs or something and had just thrown a candy wrapper on the ground. Come to find out, they offered me their money (maybe they felt sorry for my lack of talent). Put the dollar bill in an envelope with the date and still have it somewhere around here.

Last edited:
Just to enlighten the person who said Australia did not have daylight saving we do it has just changed to clocks an hour forward for summertime as of the 2nd of October it started in Australia mainland in 1971 and in Tasmania in 1968

Just to enlighten the person who said Australia did not have daylight saving we do it has just changed to clocks an hour forward for summertime as of the 2nd of October it started in Australia mainland in 1971 and in Tasmania in 1968
No your really going to confuse em with summer in winter eh lol

-
Back