muffler selection

-

red_duster74

Reaction score
hey guys so i just build a 318 with a high lift cam and i was wondering what mufflers should i use for a daily driver with still a nice but aggressive sound to it?

Sound is so subjective. I think it's best to go to a few cruises, and listen to the cars there and talk with the owners. I've found the sound clips online pretty useless, but it may be a good starting point to rule out ones you don't like. I wouldn't use a sound clip to select the one I wanted, though.

And I wouldn't cheap out here. Not that your preferred sound has to cost a lot. But the car's sound is the backdrop for the entire driving experience. If it doesn't sound the way you want, you will regret any savings.

A buddy has a set of his mid 90's Vette. There mellow in tone, but do sound nice IMO. The interior sound is VERY quite at cruise and when he is mashing the GO pedal, the sound is not to loud or annoying.

From the outside, it sounded good, not to throaty or a blap blap blap sound.

Flow Tec makes a good one called the Terminator.

I got some lightly used dynomax straight through (bullet??) mufflers 2.5 inch inlet/outlet laying around I would sell. Let me know if you are interested.

-
Back