Multiple 64-66 Cudas For Sale

-

Michaeluser

Reaction score
Ok I am working a deal to buy and flip six 64-66 Cudas. They are High California desert cars (dry hot and cold) which have been sitting for about what looks like at least 20 years. The County wants the cars gone asap. The location for the cars is Southern California Desert.

They are all fairly complete with the exception of one that has its fenders taking off and no engine transmission. Four are \6 cars 2 are V8 cars. Of the 2 V8 one is a 4spd, but that is the one missing fenders, engine and transmission. What I can tell from the photos they look pretty good for almost being 50. However, these might only be parts cars too not sure. The cars have some rust from what I can see in the pictures but look nominal with mostly original paint.

I have lined up transport and now looking to store them until they are sold. The pinks are good, though not up to date. So there will be cost for registration. I have 4 other guys going in on the deal to move the cars. My goal is to turn them rather than have them destroyed. I would rather sell them to an A body enthusiasts like us.

What I am looking for is a fair wholesale price for all the cars. I know I won't keep any, but you never can tell. I have yet to see them in person still making arrangements to do so.

Any ideas on what their value might be. As far as rare goes I am sure they are not, but somebody might want them?

Thanks

GO DO SOME MATH on inventory good crome good $ id start at 500.00 per you can always go up you have to think hauling and storage tooeven if you rent a feild the parts are getting v rare and worth $ to any 1 serious about there car exept VALLIANT63 he think he name the price and you pay to ship it

your on a good find take good inventory and what is moving and dont shoot yourself in the foot

GO DO SOME MATH on inventory good crome good $ id start at 500.00 per you can always go up you have to think hauling and storage tooeven if you rent a feild the parts are getting v rare and worth $ to any 1 serious about there car exept VALLIANT63 he think he name the price and you pay to ship it

your on a good find take good inventory and what is moving and dont shoot yourself in the foot

I'm BEGGIN YOU man, punctuation.And a grand per seems steep too me without seeing them. not making much after you pay for anything else dealing with them plus your time.

Well I called a mopar guy in town and would like to buy all them for his wrecking yard, but of course he wants a deal and went on to say that the 66 are the Bastard child of the GEN 1 cars. Yeah bastard child all the way to the bank.

See what you guys think.

Attachments

• 196_008.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 279
  • 196_009.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 274
  • 196_010.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 272
  • 196_011.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 284
  • 196_012.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 281
  • 196_013.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 281
  • 196_014.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 262
  • 196_015.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 263
  • 196_016.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 289
  • 196_017.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 265
Dang I would like a 65. But can't afford it. I had one in NC that was almost rusted to the top of the quarter panel and could see from one side to the other. Good price for a $1,000

I see a few parts on there I'd be interested in formyself. If that lighter grey car is an actual formula s and its the 4 speed one, as complete as it is, I think you could sell it to someone that wants to restore it for a fairly decent price.

I just got quaters for my 66 valiant from Laysons around 400.00 shipped and there spot on

WTF? Didn't know anyone made repops for em. I know Rockauto used to have em but were discontinued.

Edit: just went to their site and they show nothing for a 66 on quarter panels or quarter patch panels.

Well I called a mopar guy in town and would like to buy all them for his wrecking yard, but of course he wants a deal and went on to say that the 66 are the Bastard child of the GEN 1 cars. Yeah bastard child all the way to the bank.

He's right they are the bastard child.

I look at it like this, pick a part would probably only give $400 to $500 each and deduct transportation on top of that. So what are they worth as scrap 300 to 400 dollars. That should be your bargaining power. They might be worth a $1,000 dollars each too the right buyer and those buyers are far and few between. Most of the early barracudas advertised are overpriced and never sell. Just be careful has to be a really good deal!

He's right they are the bastard child.

I look at it like this, pick a part would probably only give $400 to $500 each and deduct transportation on top of that. So what are they worth as scrap 300 to 400 dollars. That should be your bargaining power. They might be worth a $1,000 dollars each too the right buyer and those buyers are far and few between. Most of the early barracudas advertised are overpriced and never sell. Just be careful has to be a really good deal!

Very true. A friend at work said the same thing and he is always horse trading cars. I just would just hate to scrap them.

Honestly, I don't want to mess with parting them out, not my thing at that quantity level. One car at a time every so often maybe.

There are are more cars and he came back with a price. $6k for everything. Which includes a complete '71 Charger 383 auto car, I think it's a SE model. Two 48 Ford F1 trucks complete, '79 F150, '77 Mustang deuce and a '48 Ford F1 cab and fenders. Too much money for the lot. I am going back low ball to get the deal going.

Wistoninwisconsin,
I am getting a little tired of you dissin me publicly here because I won't buy your parts that you buy from others and then raise the price to re-sell. I suggest you keep your negative thoughts to yourself. Most of use can't understand your rants on here and we don't need the negative chatter. If I was any of you, I wouldn't do any business with him because he will quite you several different prices and then confuse you with his lack of punctuation and leave you scratching your head.

Michaeluser. I'd say $400 to $500 is about right to start for each, you can always go up from there.

If you can get it running and mostly reliable, I'd consider trading a '76 Duster for the 4-speed... ;)

- CK

-
Back