Muscle Motors stroker kits- any good??

-

challenger57

cuda57
Reaction score
Has anyone here used a Muscle Motors stroker kit for their big block. I have been waiting since oct. 2011 for 440 Source to get in cranks for a 470 kit. Now they tell me april 15 for sure.

I have no personal experience with either company but in my opinion Muscle Motors is the best place to get a kit from. I have been researching stroker kits for a while now, i talked to MM quite a few times and they are very knowledgeable and helpful. They are who I will be going through when I do my stroker.

I have had good luck with my Muscle Motors 470 kit. I have had it for 14 years now .

I've dealt with MM in the past , excellent to work with , I would spend the extra and go with them in a heartbeat.

300 plus pass's on there rotating assembly.
been freshened up,but still on there rods,crank and pistons.

Unknown-4.jpg

Unfortunately muscle motors is also out of the 470 crank. In reading the email they sent me, they did not provide an estimated date that the cranks would be back in stock. I was told this was due to overwhelming demand. Feel free to email them yourself, really nice people to deal with. They may have an estimated date for you if you follow-up. I just decided to pick up a standard stroke 400 crank and factory 400 rods off craigslist for 60 bucks total. Next will be some KB's. I'm over waiting for the parts for my ideal build and am going for a budget build with upgraded aluminum heads instead of a big rotating assembly. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Well 440 source finally came through last week and my 470 stroker kit is in the mail. Guess I will never know about muscle motors!! I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas- can't wait!!!

My engine builder doing a budget low deck 451,bought a rotating assembly, balanced nicely.

muscle motors is awesome. not a big block but a 416 - 340 many passes and many street miles. they set me up with a custom cam (ultradyne at the time) and the car ran pretty much exactly what mike ware figured it would run

Is Muscle Motors still in business? I have an engine in my Duster that supposedly was a kit from these guys, "416 360 stroker". It was doing in the low 12's when I bought the car. I wish I had more info on the build. The builder (Russ Hall) passed away in 2007, a year after he built the motor.

1stWeek.JPG

Is Muscle Motors still in business? I have an engine in my Duster that supposedly was a kit from these guys, "416 360 stroker". It was doing in the low 12's when I bought the car. I wish I had more info on the build. The builder (Russ Hall) passed away in 2007, a year after he built the motor.
Unfortunately Muscle Motors quit some years ago. I bought a 451 stroker kit from them more than a decade ago. It was and still is an awesome combo

View attachment 1715992885
Fortunately for you, I still have a 2003 brochure from Muscle Motors. This is what is says about the 416 c.i. kit: " Our newest small block kit uses the Mopar 4 inch stroke cast crank along with all our usual good parts. Internal balancing allows the use of non-weighted balancer and flex plate. For 340 or 360 blocks, final displacement based on bore size. Also available for 318 block (custom pistons are required). Components: Crank: Mopar 4 inch cast. Pistons: Ross forged pistons (Dish or Dome 4.030/4.070). Rods: Eagle H-eam. Rings: C/A file to fit. Bearings: M77 Full groove mains and Babbit full radius rod bearings. Competition internal balancing and ready to install. Basic kit: $1999. Custom pistons add $150. Bill Miller aluminum rods add $200. 4340 streel crnk add $400."

Ragnar in Iceland.

Ragnar in Iceland- Thanks for the information. Its interesting to know that the engine is internal balanced. I read that in the brochure I have. And it goes against most things that are posted on this site about 360 engines being external balanced.

-
Back