Muscle Motors

-
I would stay away from them.

I did get some heads milled by them and told them to also mill the intake face, well both heads don't match, one intake face is pretty thin--it works but they were rare MP iron heads, if they ever warp it be tough to clean them up. One the chamber side one head got cut too much. its only .025 roughly from now being close chamber heads, lol

I don't know if their machinists was drunk or what, the heads work fine but looks like some shade tree machinist did the work, IMO

Then 2 years later I go calling for a short block (cause they are 1 hour from my home) took them 2 days to get back with a rough price and another day for a price on just a 360 short block--was $100 cheaper--well we deal with mostly stroker engines so just a normal rebuild isn;t much cheaper.

They wanted $3,500 for a cast crank hyper piston short block balanced from China (not in the house), I passed

two buddies had magnum 408s built by them about 10 years ago..both engines were messed up. The cylinder bores were out of round and both of them had issues with the heads.

I got my 416 short block from them...and not one thing has gone wrong...or did i have any problems with them while it was being built....iI recomend them...Just My Opinon...

if I do another..they will be building it as well

They built a 440 motor for my dad's 69 GTX in 1991. That thing ran good! I am currently having a 360 built by them right now! May not be the cheapest, but I will not need to pull the motor anytime soon! I would recommend them!

They built a 340 to stock specs for me for a '71 Duster I had it ran great. This was over 20 years ago.

This is the first I'm hearing anything bad about them. Overall I've known Mike to be pretty stand-up. That being said - we've got supporters of this board that can do a decent job too so might be worth giving them a call and seeing what they can do for the same money (or less).

I want to thank everybody for their feedback. i still need to contact MRL. I have also heard nothing but good things about Brian at IMM. Thanks.

lol you can buy an engine anywhere and abuse it and blow it up pretty fast...

you could buy a max built 426 hemi stroked out running 12.5:1 compression fill it up with 87 and kablooieeee

Has anybody had any dealings with Muscle Motors? I'm thinking about getting a 408 short block. Thanks,:cheers:
DO NOT buy from Muscle Motors !!! I got a $10,000 408 lemon, still not resolved after over a year later and can not get reply to e-mail or call. Very disappointing and expensive lesson. If / when resolved, I will post.

Everyone has an opinion. I have dealt with muscle motors many times, no problems. Hensley, Hughes, Mancini and a few others. It must be just me, but I have not had one bad dealing with any of them. McCandless was my go to guy for advice.

-
Back