Musclepalooza @ the Valley May 29th 2011

-
It was hot !!! Had fun, My wife really enjoyed the racing we stayed till about 2:30. I would have stayed later but its a 2hr drive and I wanted to leave before the heat wore me out.

I had a blast today! Nice to see and meet so many FABO members. I ran the car twice , just during time trials. Right now the car runs so strong its pointless to attempt to get a quick ET with street tires. My first run I had a nice reaction time of 0.061 and a 60 of 1.917 but I left the line from an IDLE, and shifted 1-2 at only 5000 rpm :scratch: when I make peak power at 5750. Don't ask...couldnt believe I did it. I still managed a 13.45 @102. My second run (I have on video thx to another fabo member) ) I was Fn fired up for and did the 2 foot deal to powerbreak @ 2500 rpm and got real sideways out of the hole. Reaction time dropped to 0.358 and the 60 was 2.266 but the MPH jumped to just under 109. ET was just a tick higher than the 1st run at 13.5. Judging by my 1st runs reaction time and 60' time in the cooler temps was prob my best bet to dip well into the 12's. Wish I had brake stalled at 1500-2000 and shifted at 6000 like usual.

Definitely need to mount some M/T DOT radial slicks, and slide in either a 3.91 or 4.10. Line lock would be a nice addition

Had a great time there!!! I got to meet a few of the members. Sorry moparclown I didn't get to meet you but I did get a bunch of pictures of you car on the strip and even a movie. Let me know if you want them to be shared on here.
I would love it if you would do that,I had a freakin blast and also met up with many people and might have come across a little strange to some but that was my first time racing legally and I was on cloud nine.
Doug

I would love it if you would do that,I had a freakin blast and also met up with many people and might have come across a little strange to some but that was my first time racing legally and I was on cloud nine.
Doug

You did well being the 1st time dealing with the tree and the clock. I also prefer the "illegal" version of racing myself. But both are a blast! I want to go up there for a normal Sat am test and tune to be able to play around a bit without the 357 other event racers. Man that was crazy.

What a great day! the mopars were out in full force, and lots of great drag racing! I watched, some but stayed near the superbird most of the day, and was checking out all the great cars on the show field. Sorry I did not get over to your camp in the pits Mopar clown, got talkin with so many people........What was your best ET ? Was hopeing to catch you making a run. Hey Adam, sorry I did not get to meet you....maybe another time.

Heres the video moparclown:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNquPgR7BlY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNquPgR7BlY[/ame]

:thumbup:I appreciate that big time and owe you one 67valiant 100
I drove it there and raced it and drove it home but about a mile from my house I had 2 pushrods walk out.So now I am tearing the upper end apart and will be pulling the 3.23 rear and putting in the 4.10s.

Thought I got more pictures :scratch: oh well:sad1: nice car, sad to hear what happened angry9: but at least you almost got home :D Those 4.10s should make it move even fast :wink: by the way what engine/drive train are you running?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 169
  • 2.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 156
These are all the pictures I got :violent1: but my dad has a bunch more on his camera but we don't have the cables to hook it up to the computer :cussing:

I got one picture of fanofpetty's Superbird but did get a quick video of him leaving :wink: Also met tom340, he has a really nice Duster :love7:

The last couple were taken from the hi-way on the trip homeThe Hurst-Olds & Charger were traveling together. Never thought I would ever pass a Hemi car in a little pos civic :lol: Man was that Charger sweet!!!

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 186
  • 6.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 171
  • 5.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 152
  • 4.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 165
  • 8.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 167
  • 3.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 155
  • 2.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 169
  • 1.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 175
Oh, and this guy was racing his little Scamp with the original 318. He was doing tens in the quarter :notworth: Hes not a member but I recommended FABO to him and he said he'd take a look :happy1:

The engine was bored out but not stroked, 10.75:1 compression, 360 heads and intake ported, little bit more radical cam with 4.88 gears. The body was all steel excepted the hood, wearing most of the original paint. He did a few simple weight saving tricks too but amazingly still has steel bumpers on it. Said it was making 500hp all motor, NO boost or NO2

I think getting a 318 car into the tens is amazing :headbang::headbang::headbang:

The car is street-able too!!!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 150
:thumbup:I appreciate that big time and owe you one 67valiant 100
I drove it there and raced it and drove it home but about a mile from my house I had 2 pushrods walk out.So now I am tearing the upper end apart and will be pulling the 3.23 rear and putting in the 4.10s.

3.23..no ****! I'm only using 3.55 myself. Damn you would be knocking down 12's with the 4.10's. I'm prob gonna swap to 3.91 or 4.10 myself before the fall time, and hopefully score a pair of M/T DOT's. Should knock off at least .8 off my et.

I dropped a pushrod just a few days before Musclepalooza, and had 4 more about to come loose. Talk about LUCK, happened right in the garage. Luv that Cuda of yours dude, looks close to the one Adam bought from my brother

My wife though it was my old car

Attachments

• 659.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 152
-
Back