Music Builds Tour

-

PostalBGraham

Reaction score
My wife and I went to the Music Builds Tour in Cuyahoga Falls, OH. It was great; Jars of Clay, Robert Randolph, Switchfoot, and Third Day. The first two bands played short sets, maybe 35 minutes, then Switchfoot and Third Day played for about an hour each. All the bands came out for the encore. The pics are not the best, we were a ways back. Anyway, it was a great concert!

Jars02 (Small).jpg

Finale01 (Small).jpg

AllBands (Small).jpg

I'm sorry, I don't understand the question. Tom Petty is from Florida. Switchfoot is from San Diego. Neither one plays country music. Like I said, I don't understand the question.

I never heard of any of these bands. What kind of music do they play?

I know switchfoot cause they are from my neck of the woods.
They are a [but not your typical] christian band.
I like them or should I say I don't dislike them.
Rummy, you gotta know who tom petty is.
Your not that old.lol

OH! I know who Tom Petty is. He is preety good. The other bands I never heard of. I'm more into a heavier kind of tune. I'll listen to almost anything except whiney country, do-whop's, reg-gay (SP Sorry LOL ) jazz and that Latin wild jazz with the crazy blarrrrring trumpets.

My fav's are the Beatles, Led Zep, AC/DC and todays heavy metal. No death meatl kind of tunes. To crazy.

When I see a band, I just wanna be entertained. Show me your talent! Give me a show!

Jars of Clay and Third Day are big Christian bands. Both have had some cross over success. I'd classify Third Day as Southern Rock, Christaian style. Jars of Clay, hmmm, not really folk, I guess I'd classify them as Alternative Rock, Christian style. Switchfoot is more or less Alternative Rock, but not really Christian, in that their lyrics are not Christian, but positive, maybe a little like Collective Soul, but more mainstream. They've had a big hit lately, "This is Home", it's from the movie soundtrack for Prince Caspian, The Chronicles of Narnia 2. Robert Randolph is a black fella who plays a wicked steel guitar. I had never heard of him before, but we loved it! His music is bluesy, rock, funk style.

OH! I know who Tom Petty is. He is preety good. The other bands I never heard of. I'm more into a heavier kind of tune. I'll listen to almost anything except whiney country, do-whop's, reg-gay (SP Sorry LOL ) jazz and that Latin wild jazz with the crazy blarrrrring trumpets.

My fav's are the Beatles, Led Zep, AC/DC and todays heavy metal. No death meatl kind of tunes. To crazy.

When I see a band, I just wanna be entertained. Show me your talent! Give me a show!

My sentiments exactly.

Jars of Clay and Third Day are big Christian bands. Both have had some cross over success. I'd classify Third Day as Southern Rock, Christaian style. Jars of Clay, hmmm, not really folk, I guess I'd classify them as Alternative Rock, Christian style. Switchfoot is more or less Alternative Rock, but not really Christian, in that their lyrics are not Christian, but positive, maybe a little like Collective Soul, but more mainstream. They've had a big hit lately, "This is Home", it's from the movie soundtrack for Prince Caspian, The Chronicles of Narnia 2. Robert Randolph is a black fella who plays a wicked steel guitar. I had never heard of him before, but we loved it! His music is bluesy, rock, funk style.

My bosses kid who go's to church every sunday along with her friends who all attend point loma university listen to them and say there christian & are very popular with the religious crowd. I've heard an interview of them on the radio confirming this and personally think thats great they said it, and for all those fairweather's who quit listening because they said they believed in god.... have another banana.

-
Back