Must See!!! Something Very Special At 2012 10th Annual Moparty At The Strip Event!!

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
First the story and then the pics.
A few months ago one of our Inland Mopars Car Club members called me to see what I thought about a little project he was thinking about. Inland Mopars has been working MATS in Las Vegas for about the past 8 years - each year club members voluntarily drive from SoCal to Las Vegas to park the car show field for the event.
Turns out our club member has been collecting event t-shirts from each years show since MATS started; he also had a jacket from one of the past years. His idea was to use the t-shirts to have a quilt made to present to Phil and Jill Painter to thank them not only for all of their efforts to put on the greatest Mopar event in the western U.S., but also for all of their generosity and assistance to past Inland Mopars Car Club charity-assistance activities. Phil and Jill are truly special people.
Well, one of my wife's (Judy) hobbies is quilting so I asked her if she wanted to take on the project which she was more than happy to do. The following pics show the finished quilt that was completed just prior to presenting it to the Painter family following the Saturday night concert at the Cannery. Judy was hand-sewing the border to the quilt on our drive to Las Vegas on Thursday. She put a lot of time and effort into this project and she's very pleased at how well it turned out - and I'm very proud of her.

Here's a few pics of the finished product. I think it takes the award for "Best Mopar Quilt" at the 2012 MATS!
As you can see, it's rather large - she's standing on a chair holding it up for the pic.

View attachment 2012MATS029_edited (Medium).JPG

View attachment 2012MATS030_edited (Medium).JPG

View attachment 2012MATS031_edited (Medium).JPG

That is really a nice gesture, and quite an undertaking. I'm sure they really appreciated their gift.

Grant

Wow, that's a really terrific gift. Way to go Inland Mopars!!! :-D Ken you make us all proud to know ya. :-D

a-may-zing........what a great amount of work wish it was mine

I just showed the quilt to Treva :eek:ops: She and I love it Ken!! (ocdart)
She just went to my closet and snagged up ever ZWR T-Shirts I have and the one I have put away the band signed to me 2 years ago and said she is going to have her mom help her do one :cheers:
Looks like I need to snag up a few new T-shirts now :sad4:
Thank you for sharing and please tell your wife she owes me..... let me count..... 9 T-Shirts now!:yawinkle:

I bet you will see that quilt flying like a flag next year :bball:
I agree 1rst prize for sure Mrs ocdart :cheers:

Very nice! my mom in her later years was very much into quilting so I know how much work goes into one of those.

that is nice. just curious, what are the plans for the quilt after all that hard work?

You'll have to ask Phil and Jill Painter. We presented it to them at MATS following the Saturday night concert at the Cannery hotel.

Dang it.....we were at the Saturday concert too. How'd I miss this?

Tell Mrs ocdart the quilt is spectacular!!! I wish I'd seen it in person....maybe they'll have it on display next year.

Dang it.....we were at the Saturday concert too. How'd I miss this?
Because it didn't happen per the original plans. We had plans to present it to them on stage before the Saturday night concert so Phil and Jill could get the recognition they fully deserve from all the Moparty attendees in the concert audience. But, as with most surprises, it didn't work out that way. The presentation happened inside the Cannery by the showroom entrance after the concert.

Tell Mrs ocdart the quilt is spectacular!!! I wish I'd seen it in person....maybe they'll have it on display next year.
Thanks, I certainly will! I forwarded a link to this thread to her at her work this morning so she can see everyones comments.

-
Back