mustang lighting up the dragstrip..

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUWli15JPJQ"]Nitrous Mustang Goes Up in Flames at TX2K16! - YouTube[/ame]

not what you had in mind?

WOW - brutal - I can't believe the tires didn't pop! oh, seeing who posted it - I knew it wasn't going to be a "look how awesome this Mustang is" video -- LOL

That's a shame. It looked like a nice car, too.

Wow! As coincidence would have it, as I was watching this video on one tab, AC/DC's "Shot Down In Flames" started playing on another tab.
It was perfect! (Though I feel the owner's pain)

LOL

And this is how I saw the horses in my vision and those who rode them: they wore breastplates the color of fire and of sapphire and of sulfur, and the heads of the horses were like lions’ heads, and fire and smoke and sulfur came out of their mouths.

WOW - brutal - I can't believe the tires didn't pop! oh, seeing who posted it - I knew it wasn't going to be a "look how awesome this Mustang is" video -- LOL

must be those new run flat tires ;)

what do you mean "seeing who posted it" ?

I don't think ive ever badmouth the mudstank...at least, I don't dislike them as much as the guy at the 3.35 mark does

but I will give you this, if it gets posted in the "jokes" section...yeah

well - if the title was - watch this old Duster light up the track - and you posted it - I certainly would have expected a different outcome... that's what I mean - - but you knew that.. :D
must be those new run flat tires ;)

what do you mean "seeing who posted it" ?

I don't think ive ever badmouth the mudstank...at least, I don't dislike them as much as the guy at the 3.35 mark does

but I will give you this, if it gets posted in the "jokes" section...yeah

It was like watching the key stone cops! The "firefighters" And I use that name loosely were partly to blame for the extent of the damage. IMO. they ALMOST had it if the had two CO2 extinguishers in the beginning stages. The one they had had it almost out. THEN in comes the Keystone Cops" in the Fire truck. Duh...how does this thing work? Shame.

A battery kill switch, or low oil pressure shutdown switch on the fuel pump might of saved the car. Looks like the fuel pump kept feeding the fire.

If you guys really want to laugh, mute the volume and change the speed setting to 1.5 fast, then play the Benny Hill theme song over the video of the burning mustang.

They were pretty dumb. Check these nitwits out.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAVMJBLy-UU"]RC jet fire - YouTube[/ame]

If you guys really want to laugh, mute the volume and change the speed setting to 1.5 fast, then play the Benny Hill theme song over the video of the burning mustang.

I don't think laughing at someone else's misfortune is funny. What goes around comes around.

They were pretty dumb. Check these nitwits out.
RC jet fire - YouTube

did anyone else spot the FIRE EXTINGUISHER underneath the table in that video?

I don't think laughing at someone else's misfortune is funny. What goes around comes around.

up to a point, I agree
but the damage has been done, none of us went out to there just to watch it burn
we're are car guys here, and sure we all cringed a little during that clip, but I think it is comparable to watching a guy get hit in the groin on AFV (which by the way, my six year old tells me to turn off occasionally because it isn't nice to laugh at other people pain)

True it isn't right to laugh at someone's misfortune but I've been there and done that, got the blistered up paint to prove it, although my fire wasn't as large as the mustang guy my first priority was to get the hood open and put the fire out. I got some minor burns on my hands while trying to get the hood open but unlike mustang guy I didn't just casually stand back and wait patiently for "help" to arrive, he obviously didn't seem all that concerned that his car was being destroyed, so for that I laugh.

The "firefighters" And I use that name loosely were partly to blame for the extent of the damage. IMO. they ALMOST had it if the had two CO2 extinguishers in the beginning stages. The one they had had it almost out. THEN in comes the Keystone Cops" in the Fire truck. Duh...how does this thing work? Shame.

Lol, I showed the video to my son, he said "they (the firefighters) obviously don't like Mustangs" ...I gotta agree... Looked to me like a leisurely walk in the park while carrying firehose. They were not interested in saving the car.

did anyone else spot the FIRE EXTINGUISHER underneath the table in that video?

up to a point, I agree
but the damage has been done, none of us went out to there just to watch it burn
we're are car guys here, and sure we all cringed a little during that clip, but I think it is comparable to watching a guy get hit in the groin on AFV (which by the way, my six year old tells me to turn off occasionally because it isn't nice to laugh at other people pain)

Yeah I saw it. They must not have known how to use it.

I agree with daliant.

Anyone who walks away from his car when it's on fire, deserves what happened. I wouldn't let him ever come back. And the damages?

That place was an accident just waiting to happen.

Now the pavement is all screwed up. Think if you were next in line and the rest of the racers. And you just missed, being blown up.

They should have just called the local Fire Department and waited on them. Then they could all just sit back, relax, with their thumb up their butt, and scratching their *** and heads.

Just like Monkeys. It would have been safer, flames being blown to the rear of the car.

Another Happy Racing Day! What a Bunch of Idiots.

I wonder if insurance was denied because it was on the track? If so.... Really bad day.

It was like watching the key stone cops! The "firefighters" And I use that name loosely were partly to blame for the extent of the damage. IMO. they ALMOST had it if the had two CO2 extinguishers in the beginning stages. The one they had had it almost out. THEN in comes the Keystone Cops" in the Fire truck. Duh...how does this thing work? Shame.

^^^^this^^^^ I would be pissed at the track "emergency" workers lack of training. Good thing it was a car and not someone's life in danger....the would have died.Totally unacceptable.

-
Back