My 1965 Barracuda

-

BillaCuda

Big Time
Reaction score
So I purchased my Cuda a bit ago, but I have slowly been working on her. Money has been tight lately. Been saving up to get a primo paint job. I would love any ideas or things others may have done with their 65' Cuda. It still has the original 273 with 191,000 miles and runs like a champ. So far I've put about $1700 into getting her up and ready. A lot of electrical, gauges and such, but here she is. More pictures coming soon. Any ideas of how to dress up the engine?

Attachments

• cuda1.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 292
  • cuda2.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 276
  • cuda4.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 283
  • cuda3.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 284
  • cuda5.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 271
  • cuda6.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 273
  • cuda7.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 261
  • cuda8.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 269
  • cuda9.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 297
  • cuda10.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 288
Any ideas of how to dress up the engine?

A simple thing would be paint the valve covers the original Chrysler red. It looks like they have been painted black recently.

Beautiful Barracuda anyways though:cheers:

A set of Commando valve covers and if you have a 4 barrel, a Commando chrome air cleaner would set it off really nice. Otherwise painting the valve covers red as previously mentioned would help as well.

Looks like a nice 65 ,I recently purchased myself a set of 14'' slots that look like the ones you have on your car are yours 14''? I don't think mine will clean up as good as yours look so I am thinking about scuffing them up and priming them and paint, I agree with under the hood I would ask guys on here or do a little research and clean up and paint to factory colors and enjoy your sweet ride while you save for that primo paint job. I myself am in the same boat my paint is original with just some spot touch up through the years and is very weak ,a really nice paint job cost a ton ,so for now i am just going to drive her and enjoy.

Is that a hair clip holding on your cardboard license plate cover? Gee honey, I don't know where it could have gone...
I'd paint the inner fenders with a low gloss white and maybe an air cleaner if anything

Bill,
Depends on which way you are going with the car. Looks real nice though, check out some of my pictures at Hub Garage, search for Ricks Mopar Garage. I have a 64 Barracuda 99% stock and a heavily Modified 65 Valiant that I am building now.

Your front door panels look nice but not stock. I have quite a bit of parts if you need something, or just want to bounce ideas. Chryslers at Carlisle in July is a good source of stuff. Big Daddy's show is by you though.

Nice car, If you spend a little time and detail under the hood, It will make a big difference for very little money.

Thanks guys... Def going with the Red Valve covers. Rick, look forward to speaking with you in a few. Thanks everyone. Just got some 14 Cragar SS's... Will update with new pics soon.

Cragers? well if you are going to get rid of the slotted mags send some pictures!!! I might be interested. Both are always the classic look.

It depends on what you plan to take off later. It is impossible to paint around some things. I painted the engine bay in my 65 Dart with engine in the car, but almost everything else removed (harness, battery tray, steering, distributor) since I was replacing or refurbing those. I changed to an alum intake manifold and replaced the timing cover, so painting those went away. Before painting, I had to remove black spray paint and a little rust. I even painted the engine and K-frame in the car.

Beautiful car. Without speakers in the door panels. Not like in my fish.:cry:
Thomas from Germany

-
Back