My 1967 Barracuda

-

saxy89

Reaction score
Hey yall im new pretty new to the site not new to muscle cars. Ive been around cars all my life my dad has a 66 273 formula s barracuda and a 1952 hudson hornet. I have a 98 dodge neon r/t and a 1985 power ram and just picked up a 67 barracuda.

How it sits now:
-8 3/4 rear with 3.91 sure grips
-super stock springs
-body work done from the rear to the doors
-front clip if off the car fenders need some work
-contemplating fiberglass front end...... thoughts?
-have a 318 out of a 71 dart and a 727 trans
- have the schumacher /6 to v8 mounts
- i like the 408 stroker mopar crate motor
- would love a tremic 5 speed conversion
-but probably will stick it out with the automatic for now
-white interior
- door panels are good along with back seat
- has some junkyard front seats out of some looks like 80s dodge
- looking for stock cuda buckets or a100 seats
-14'' craiger ss wheels
-engine bay painted some corvette chrimson red gonna continue the rest of the car that way. its very close to my dads 66s color.

thats all for now. im at collage for my senior year of school so im only home to work it on weekend and breaks. so will be slow and steady. feal free to coment and make suggesting.

Photo0216.jpg

Photo0219.jpg

Photo0217.jpg

Welcome to FABO, saxy. It looks like you have a pretty solid platform to start your project. Nothing wrong with the slow and steady approach, it is being used by many of us here. I have always had a soft spot for the 67-69 fastbacks. I will be following your progress. Have fun! L8r

JIm

I was home working this weekend but was able to stop by my buddies house for a little where the car is being kept at and snap a few pictures.
I think I am going to stay with the white interior for some odd reason I really like the looks of it with red and was talking with my dad today and he also is a big fan of the red and white.
Photo0236.jpg

Photo0237.jpg

I pulled out some never dull and tried to clean up the kick panels I had and they cleaned up alright but was wondering what yall would recommend using to clean up trim?

The one white door panel i have off the car I cleaned up with simple green because it had some build off from the car sitting for a while. It cleaned up but not bright white. But the two door panels are not in bad shape so they will be reused for now.

Hoping to have a little more time this weekend after visiting my grandma to go home and clean up the craigers and see what condition they are in.

If anyone has factory cuda bucket seats in white in decent condition in the north east usa let me know. thanks:)

finally got some time after work today to go over my buddies house and pull the car up by the house and wash up the wheels. gonna be puttin it in his garage in a few weeks and can start tearin into it a more.
CIMG9694.jpg

CIMG9698.jpg

CIMG9701.jpg

Started to take all the parts that were piled in it and get em sorted out. Hung the fenders on for a sec to see how they look. They are definitely in rough shape (cant tell to much in pics). Contemplating a fiberglass front end from aar any suggestions?

Photo0287.jpg

Photo0293.jpg

Photo0292.jpg

Nice solid base, IMO if you're not racing it go with steel front end. Those fenders dont look too bad. Any holes or rot?? Hows the dog leg??

Im plannin on it being a cruiser and drive it to the strip. Race it and drive home. Them fenders are more bondo than steel. Around the drivers wheel well is really thin cause its almost all gone. aar has all the replacement panels for what seems like a good price. do you know any sites that repop steel fenders? (any help greatly appreciated) :)
dog leg? (sorry kinda new to the old car seen with technical terms)

No one repops steel fenders for the 67-9 cudas. As for the "dog leg" its behind the front wheel on the inside. You will see a brace there. Good luck!!

ahh rats. thats what i figured. thats what kind of makes the fiberglass ones appealing. cause body work is not my strong suit of any kinda. my best friend and his dad have restored cars from nothing and are good at body work. the car is actually at his house (one minute up the road). me and my dad are good with the mechanical side. the're all helpin me with this project. im gonna look for some steel fenders in good shape but not sure how much their gonna cost me. so might go the fiberglass route. either way im gonna take my time with this build and which ever route i go its gonna be done slow and right so it wont need to redone soon after.

ZERNS!!! lol i haven been there in a while. definitely a fun place to go. let me know when ur gonna be up and maybe we can meet up. my dad has a 66 formula s.

Dang, look at that spit shine job on those wheels/ tires.

At least no body can say "All you need now is a cool set of Cragars."

Looks like a nice project.

Thanks. they cleaned up rather nice i was supprised only took some soap, water and elbow grease. gonna polish em up to once just so the dirt doesnt sit on em and pit. even though the car aint gonna be rollin (under its own power) for a while.

picked up fenders, header panel, grills, lover valance and 4 in hemi hood from dartcuda1 this past weekend great guy to deal with and only lives like 45 min away. lookin foward to crusin with him in the future.
heres a picture of the hood have more pics up of the other stuff later

Photo0761.jpg

Your are going to have this car running before mine.Keep the progress coming. can,t wait for the car shows. Mark

It's a start. Some have started out with much less.
We can help with every aspect of your build and look forward to seeing your progress pics.

Mark this wont be done before urs trust me. I still gotta get a motor and stuff together and do a lot of work.

Yea it was a nice form to begin with. And im loving this forum more and more each dad its a great group of guys.

Heres a few pics of the fenders and hood I got from mark that i set on today to see fitment :) Boy do I love how its gonna look :)

Photo0768.jpg

Photo0770.jpg

A note about the stock hood.... if you plan to leave it stored against the wall like that for any length of time, put a old wheel and tire under it to get the weight off those corners. The design of it will take a good bit of stress in one direction which is a good thing when a hood hinge sticks. Its not nearly as rigid in the other direction. A good bump can cripple the corner when the weight is on it. Dont ask me how I know.

Cleaned up the 67 a bit since it finally got warm out but Im looking to sell it. I got a good deal on a 69 fastback with all the body work and paint done so need to sell this to put into the 69.

Was a v8 car but previous owner put a slant six in for his daughter. Might keep the /6 in for now and get it running till the rest of the car is done around it.

-
Back