My 1979 warlock 340

-

79warlock340

Reaction score
Getting ready to star putting in the hours on her, whats everyone think about it. Any good ideas, tips, or tricks for my first restoration?? Thanks for the help and checking it out.

5d19770f.jpg

Im a sucker for the Warlocks. I had a 79 4x4. I loved that truck. VERY badly beat, but cool. Wonder if I can find a pic of it....

It appears to be a 78, warlock ? The bed mounted side markers , and the hood and grille are 78 peices. Also 79 warlocks, were actually called warlock-II 's, and have that on the tailgate.

I stand corrected on the year hahaha, I knew it was 78 or 79. Thanks for the info on the differences tho fellas. I'm think total restoration tho top to bottom for this one.

I will look forward to seeing some progress on this truck! My oldest brother had a 77, loved that truck!

Cool. I had a friend that had a factory 440 78 Warlock. Them are some nice trucks.

Cool project, that should haul the mail with a 340 4-speed! My friend had a black 4x4 Warlock with a 360 4bbl, I remember the neat pin striping on the dash from your pictures. He bought it from his girlfriends uncle at the time, started to restore it but never got the title from the owner (promised to get it) so they ended up going to court, buddy got is money back and had to give the truck back, wonder if it is around yet, had a real solid body and was in primer at the time.

I think you should sell it to me :)
But really you should do a frame off on it. That truck will look sweet all done up

Nice but what makes you think it is a 340 ?
Should be a 360

It was my grandpas truck and he put the 340 in it after he got it, I believe it was the motor out of his 71 demon that he had all tricked out at one point. Looks rough right now tho haha

Fix her up.
What ever you do dont get rid of the wheels, they are hard to find.
My dad still has his 78 power wagon he bought new, still runs and drives with 250K on it.

Hay that is cool, 78 and a 4speed most were autos.
The motor should be a 360 but who knows what someone might swapped in.
I have had many trucks of that age, good luck with the rebuild and have fun.

It was my grandpas truck and he put the 340 in it after he got it, I believe it was the motor out of his 71 demon that he had all tricked out at one point. Looks rough right now tho haha
well at least It has a engine from an A body.....

Looks like a fun project. 340/4 speed?!? Yee haw!! Keep us posted with new pics as you go.

I had a 79 LRE during my younger years, and when the Dart is done (are they ever really?) I plan on getting another.

Yeah should be a good and fun rebuild, and yeah 340 with a four speed on the floor! It deff lit the tires up when it was running strong when I was younger watching my grandpa drive it.

Need some help with the decoding the vin, this is the vin off the door so no sure if it is the right one or not. Where else would I find the true vin of the truck??

797ead8c.jpg

I have seen them on the door or cab. I have a 78 warlock too. 318 4 speed all original. But needs to be redone. You have a neat one. Theres a tag on the rad. support to tell you the color it is.

I've never heard of a red warlock... I thought they were all black or green. I know they had a lot of engine combos 318, 360, 440 unlike the LRE which only had 360's besides the mythical ones.

Are you sure this was a warlock from the beginning or just a red truck someone put the stripes on. The gauge cluster looks correct. Like I said I don't know nearly as much about warlocks as I do about LRE's..... Cool lil truck.

-
Back