My 360 build.

-
I had no idea you were so young Cley!
Go gettem !!!

I'm neither young nor cute! But her little hands work well for cleaning things I could not reach!

Cley

LMAO! Ditto I myself and for my daughter. While full grown & married, she is small and thin.

What can keep oil from reaching the top end? All I can think of is cam bearings installed wrong. I swear I ran a coat hanger through the holes after installation but now I'm not sure! I ran a drill motor on the priming tool and turned the crank slowly and no oil to the top end. I am so frustrated with this thing!

Cley

What can keep oil from reaching the top end? All I can think of is cam bearings installed wrong. I swear I ran a coat hanger through the holes after installation but now I'm not sure! I ran a drill motor on the priming tool and turned the crank slowly and no oil to the top end. I am so frustrated with this thing!

Cley
Usually my wife runs the drill at a pretty good clip and of course make sure it's going in the correct direction LOL..
But anyway she can pretty much feel when those holes open up and I've been turning the engine to the right spot.. the sound of the pitch in the drill as it speeds up a little should be evident...

I say the correct direction because on a Ford engine LOL I heard this bubbling noise LOL apparently it doesn't turn the same direction as a Mopar LOL...

The pressure gauge shows good pressure. I know I'm running the drill the right way. Kimmer is going to come give me his opinion tomorrow. Finally someone in my garage who knows something!

Cley

What can keep oil from reaching the top end? All I can think of is cam bearings installed wrong.
Cley
If your cam bearings are properly installed, then your rocker shafts are installed wrong. Notch down to the left for each shaft.

Magnum or defective head gasket without the hood punched for the oil path up into the head.

I checked the head gaskets and the hole is there. I completely removed the rocker shaft to see if I could get oil up there.
Cley

So, with out the shaft & rockers on the head, you have no oil coming out of the head. Correct?

Then it is deeper starting with the cam bearings.
I can’t see anything blocking the galley.

-
Back