my 360 combo help

-

tguss

Reaction score
78 360 four barrel motor, 596 head casting smog holes pluged off, double roller timing chain , hughes whiplash cam 504 intake / 515 exhaust with 1.5 rockers matching springs,locks,retainers, alum dual plane intake, my trany is 727 with tci breakaway converter, what size carb should i use with this setup for streets. ? is this a decent combo and what gears should i run ? car is a 68valiant , ill be installing a 8 3/4 , any help with my setup would be greatfull.

You have plenty of cam for your combo for sure. With that converter and the fairly low compression I believe you have,,,

Depending on your brand preference, i'd look at the Eddy 650 Thunder series or a Holley 670 Avenger series carb.

As far as gearing, a 3.55 will give decent drivability and overall performance, unless this will see a lot of highway miles. If that's the case, a 3.23 may work better. Just remember that rear tire diameter makes a big difference on your gearing choice.

Are they stock pistons? Did you check piston to valve clearance?

3.21/3.23 for the stock tire
3.55 for a 26 inch tire

yes pistons are stock, stock bottom end, i have read cams with over 500 lift should use rller rockers so ill be getting them, what im trying to do is build a little solid motor with more balls then my 273 that is in it now. motor is around 8.5 to one compression i have read hughes whiplash cams be great for this low compression motor. just want to make sure i match things up so i dont have extra parts laying around and loss of money

-
Back