My $500.00 MOPAR purchase. Whats everyone think?

What do you think, Good buy?

• Total voters
-
It goes to show that patience pays off. There are always going to be deals out there, for some the good deals pop up right after a bad deal was made. Good luck with the car, keep us posted.

I love the fact that 2 people figured you got ripped off lol... thats such a steal you made me sick.. tell the truth now, what'd you really pay lol.

Grant

I love the fact that 2 people figured you got ripped off lol... thats such a steal you made me sick.. tell the truth now, what'd you really pay lol.

Grant

LOL I got a kick out of that also....I just put up a couple of options on the poll like "rip off" and what not just to be diverse ...I didnt think someone would actually think that.....so to the 2 of you who voted against the poll......feel free to chime in with and explanation of why you think it was overpriced or whatever reason?. I knew it was a good deal I just wanted to run it passed the mopar community and see if it was really as good of a deal as I had thought it was. and YES....I paid $500.00 for it...I have already been overed double that by a couple of different guys. But I am going to keep it and rebuild her. Something about them old mopars,they just .......look good. The essense of muscle if you will lol. The deals are out there,keep your eye out and you might catch yourself a good deal also!

HAHA,I see how that works....vote on the poll that its a junk car and not to waste the money then try to swoop in while Im feeling down about the purchase and buy it lol....nice try ...But thanks for the offer, I think I am going to keep it though and build it the right way and make it nice, cant stand seeing these cars get parted out or junk yarded or rot away behind someones house...and this one was cheap enough that I could stop that from happening. Hey maybe after its done .....you could pull off close to $10k....then Ill consider selling it. lol J/K

HAHA,I see how that works....vote on the poll that its a junk car and not to waste the money then try to swoop in while Im feeling down about the purchase and buy it lol....nice try ...But thanks for the offer, I think I am going to keep it though and build it the right way and make it nice, cant stand seeing these cars get parted out or junk yarded or rot away behind someones house...and this one was cheap enough that I could stop that from happening. Hey maybe after its done .....you could pull off close to $10k....then Ill consider selling it. lol J/K

You caught me lmao. I would keep it to. good purchase.

I will go on record as saying "YOU SUCK!". I've seen half the car for twice the price. Nice score! I'm jealous...

I will go on record as saying "YOU SUCK!". I've seen half the car for twice the price. Nice score! I'm jealous...

couldnt help but notice your name....see you want an a body and your in mi? lol ....I just today found out my neighbor has a 74 plymouth gold duster and a 64 dodge dart,both for sale...not sure of price...but probably a couple grand would buy either one....not sure of condition,he made it sound as though they were complete original cars that just needed some minor stuff...but not junk box's or in need of resto....the dart has a slant 6 and the duster has a 318....next time I talk to him,Ill get some more info on it and I might just post an ad up on the forum for him....anyways,thanks for the comment on my mopar buy lol.

Thats a deal, I like it.

But I'm tired of purple cars. I actually like the color it is better. But thats my opinion.

I dont think there is enough of the purple mopars.....I am not a fan of the original color....sure doesnt look bad in the pictures but the paint job on it is horrible....it wasnt painted to the original color once before but it looks like they used a wagnor power sprayer to do it lol...or finger painted lol. not alot of the dusters are purple either...most people when they go vibrant color on a duster they go orange or yellow or green and thats what I think there is to much of...but for the most part people paint there dusters to the dull pastel greens and golds and I didnt want to go that route either. its all about personal preferance. sure there are alot of purple cars out there...but then again,theres alot of red ones and orange ones and black ones and blue ones and silver ones and white ones lol....not much color wise you can do to step away from the crowd...at this point I guess it comes down to which color you like best then try to add something to it to make it different from the rest.

Awesome deal. I paid $2800 for my '74 same color in about the same condition, but had a running engine. Mine had a little rust in the right Q-panel and on ly has an 8 1/4. You got a great deal.

-
Back