My $500 '69 Valiant

-

R4Sedan

Larry
Reaction score
I just thought I would post some pictures of my '69 Valiant I found in a barn about 8 months ago over in Tampa.I'm finally gonna start on it tomorrow,she looks to be like a pretty decent project!I'll post some pictures of my progress as i go until then,here is a little Mopar **** for everyone.:clock:

100_1640.jpg

100_1635.jpg

100_1637.jpg

100_1648.jpg

100_1638.jpg

clean rust free starting point:cheers: whats the build plan? keep the pics and updates coming.

I am unsure it has the numbers matching 273 in her. I also have a 318 and a 340. She will get a 8 3/4 3.55 sure grip and 904. I have'nt decided on color yet. We got engine and trans out today and pretty much whole car stripped try to post some pictures tonight. Larry

Go have some great fun with it. looking car.

Looking good f8valiant and great price. If you need anything for your build SGBARRACUDA(Roy) is not far from you and has some connections.

Damn Thats some good primer.Covered up that large dinty in the pass door,lol!

Gimme,some input on what y'all think I Should re-build the original 273 probably, expensive parts wise.I have a '68 date coded 340 block which will definitely be expensive to put together,or i have a 318 '72 dated block i could put together. I'm pretty sure that steel crank out of the original 273 motor will work with any block. I know the 340 will probably give me a little more than the 318,but I'm not sure it will be worth it to me as far as cost is concerned.Anybody that has some valid suggestions would sure be appreciated. Thanks Larry.

Love it, and Im jealous! Your farther along with your body work already! Whats up with people catching the quarter panels on the garage. My 69 has the same damage. Looked like grandma caught the side of the garage while backing out!
Subscribed by the way!

Hey, 4mulas I get inspiration when I read your thread It's just a cool build keep going man I like it! What do you mean subscribed this is all new to me.

At the top of the page, there is a tab labeled "Thread Tools" If you click it, it drops down a few more choices. One of them is "Subscribe to this thread". When you do that you can keep tabs on this thread.
OR I think if you just comment on a thread it automatically subscribes you.
Either way, when you go to your user panel (where your private messages are) you can look on the left side of your messages and there is a link to "View subscribed threads" if you click it, it will show you all the threads you are subscribed to and the ones that have new comments will be in bold letters.
I keep track of all the interesting (to me) threads that way. Yours is one of them!

Thanks,4mulas I'll subscribe to you too buddy.Got some body work done tonight
post some pic's weds.

There is a certain cool factor to a small V8 also. Not to mention it would be the orig. motor yeah? Itll be more than enough to move that car around town.

Nice work man! I like all the mopar smallblocks!!! But if I had a 340, I'd build it...

Just, thought I'd show some updated pic's. I'm off to Carlisle at the end of the week. When I get back block sanding, priming, blocking, priming,then paint.I should be able to get into alot of trouble in PA. and come back with alot less $$$$ ya never know what you will find their.:sign10::profilel::profilel::happy10::happy10::clock::snakeman::snakeman::read2:

100_1755.jpg

100_1764.jpg

100_1768.jpg

Nice car. I got my 67 Valiant 2 door for $300. I wish my passenger quarter panel look as nice as that. Mine was side swiped years ago leaving no trace of a body line what's so ever. Also wish my floor pans were in as good of shape as yours to. (rusted) Trunk floor looks as nice as yours thought. The hood scoops are even the same ones I'm going to put on mine. I'm putting a 318 4 speed 3.91 sure grip 8 3/4 in mine.

-
Back