My 6.1 hemi build!

-
That XV is a terrible intake for the gen3. You loose so much torque you can't possible overcome it with horsepower.

I would only run it on a boosted motor.

I agree with that analysis but that would be equally true of the Indy Mod Man intake as well. For that matter the short runner length of the Mopar Performance intake is an issue as well.

I'm curious why he dislikes the XV so much.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

I'm curious too and would like to take him for a ride in my stroked 5.7 Duster with the xv and carb--Fly on out to Milwaukee and we'll go for a ride--Steve

A friend of mine bought ( I think ) and ATI carburetor-ed motor. He wanted a Mod-man intake. I had the opportunity to try my carb on Indy's intake. I even called Indy, and told them what I was up to, and they sent me two free gasket sets, because they felt, I would buy one once I tried it. The difference was enough to feel.
My butt doesn't give dyno numbers, but the difference was night and day. Now that could be that my carb is more adjusted to Indy's intake. Although to even get close with the XV, I find I have to get leaner, and leaner, to a point I don't feel safe with. Maybe under more scientific conditions the XV is just as awesome. The thing is, my driveway is my laboratory. No dynos, no sniffers just good old fashion vacuum gauge, and an ear. If I had the money I'd get a Mod-man.

-
Back