My 6.1 hemi build!

-
Can I bring you my Valiant so you can do everything you've done to your ride, except pro bono...I'll put your name on the side of my car and you can write it off on your taxes....as a promotional item....for your business of building any mopar car I buy to the same specs as yours.
Lol
I'm stil jealous if you can't tell! Lol
Just awesome.
Oh and one more thing, are you in the Navy? A very close friend of mine is living in Tidewater and he was in the Navy stationed out there. Got out some time ago. His name is A.J. Silva. Never know, it's a small world.

I'm in the Coast Guard... sure bring ur car and your check book. ;)

Okay question for you computer is behind the dash where did you put it? What compression are you running in the motor? Your dash is killer!

Does the k b supercharger clear the a-body fire wall. I have seen a lot of other superchargers and iv'e been wondering if any of them have fire wall issues. Has any one tried a manual trans behind the new hemi. Tti seemed to have clutch linkage issues. Thanks webby.

Does the k b supercharger clear the a-body fire wall. I have seen a lot of other superchargers and iv'e been wondering if any of them have fire wall issues. Has any one tried a manual trans behind the new hemi. Tti seemed to have clutch linkage issues. Thanks webby.

I assume that by k b you mean Kenne Bell supercharger. They do clear the fire wall, although if you go for the mammoth intake it may require some modifications. They also clear the stock flat hood, great for the sleeper look.

Here you can see the fit on USCG Charger's build, (beautiful car by the way, would love to own it.)

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=182561&page=2

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Has any one tried a manual trans behind the new hemi. Tti seemed to have clutch linkage issues. Thanks webby.

I've got an 833 behind my 5.7 right now. I'm still running a mechanical clutch without too much issue, but I think my setup is screwed up to start with. I don't think I have an A body ball pivot bracket on the bellhousing because the Z bar doesn't sit very straight and I had to modify one leg of it, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't an A body Z bar either. Long story short you can do it. I've been thinking about just making my own Z bar, it's really just a tube with some flat bar welded to it.

I've got an 833 behind my 5.7 right now. I'm still running a mechanical clutch without too much issue, but I think my setup is screwed up to start with. I don't think I have an A body ball pivot bracket on the bellhousing because the Z bar doesn't sit very straight and I had to modify one leg of it, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't an A body Z bar either. Long story short you can do it. I've been thinking about just making my own Z bar, it's really just a tube with some flat bar welded to it.

I am putting a tr6060 behind a new hemi. No linkage

View attachment P1010001.jpg

View attachment 001.jpg

View attachment 1.jpg
I have over 30,000 miles on this swap, as I drive mine daily. It breaks a lot of suspension pieces in the rear, but than those were 43 years old parts anyway.I think its an awesome swap, and balances out very nicely for handling. I live in a mountainous region in the rust belt, and straight roads are extremely rare here. My car started off with a 340, and I think the Gen III Hemi is easier to find, maintain, and actually cost less to run. It's really a no brainer.

Garyfish340, you must be using a 5.7 truck timing cover??

Gary Fish,

What intake are you running, I don't recognize it?

Like your car a lot.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Joe, it looks like an XV intake, just shootin' from the hip looking at the "XV" on it, lol!!

Yeah, now that you mention it, I do see the XV. For some stupid reason it look different to me.

Guess I picked the wrong day to quit sniffin' glue.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

For what ever reason I posted all the specs, ( and by the way you guys are spot on ) but they vanished of the post. It's a SRT jeep engine, with XV intake ( the worst intake ever.) Buy a mod-man if hood clearance is an issue.

Can anybody tell me how to remover the 1969 barracuda exterior quarter window trim before I break it. I have a date with some rust, and destiny.

For what ever reason I posted all the specs, ( and by the way you guys are spot on ) but they vanished of the post. It's a SRT jeep engine, with XV intake ( the worst intake ever.) Buy a mod-man if hood clearance is an issue.

Why are you so unhappy?

Regards,

Joe Dokes

That XV is a terrible intake for the gen3. You loose so much torque you can't possible overcome it with horsepower.

I would only run it on a boosted motor.

-
Back