My 6.1 hemi build!

-
Long Long day yesterday... I finished up the steering.. I had to install a couple of flaming river u joints and some double D shafting.. looks real nice though. I installed the headers, finished up all wiring, completed my fuel system, installed TC bolts and transmission bolts, mounted alt., started the mock up on the TTi 3" X pipe exhaust... today we will finish up the exhaust, hard mount the supercharger, and finish up making the alumn shroud.

Lots of good work done today... i'm thinking I will be able to fire her up this wkend... started mocking up the heat exchanger and tranny cooler, hard mounted the supercharger, drilled CTP oil filler, changed some of the Kenne Bell fittings and hoses out with nice AN fittings and hose, cut a square in the front of my bumper for the inter cooler, put new springs on front, painted front calipers red to match rear, etc.. Still need to finish up X pipe back, run more hoses, mount remote oil filter, etc.

ba7d9803.jpg

adaf4a72.jpg

09b3d1d6.jpg

a2e16be8.jpg

This damn thing is never ending! I'm over it already! It's a grand $ every time I turn to look... Yuck!

Yes I hear that. It is almost better to buy one already done if you can live with things not exactly how you envisioned them. This custom one off car stuff will make you broke quickly.

It's my fault though.. I just had to change out all those ugly rubber hoses that the super charger come with, in exchange for all black AN fittings and black braided hose. This stuff is very pricey to say the least.

someone could build a pretty nice hot rod with all the stuff you and I "change-out''....

of course I can still at least see my ol' stuff...somehow it ends up in my brothers basement

someone could build a pretty nice hot rod with all the stuff you and I "change-out''....

of course I can still at least see my ol' stuff...somehow it ends up in my brothers basement

My basement is located in the local bump! That way there is no turning back..lol

Love the thread and all the info....this is what I wanna do down the line with an A Body or an E Body if I could find one reasonable, but we're talking 4-5 yrs. down the line. Can't wait to hear what she runs. Beautiful car and motor. PLEASE post a video when you run it!!

Dash is looking good I must say. Had a stand alone power steering 8 rib bracket and pulley fabbed up today so I could clear the tensioner with the belt. Made a nice fan shroud that just barely clears by .5"... Getting close!
7cd84248.jpg

lookin good, Jason

whats a power steering 8 rib bracket and pully?

I'm thinking about adding a electric power assist to my rack..makes it easier to sip my coffee and grab a gear.

The dash and shifter look great! You are making some serious progress. How are you gunna activate the Trans Brake?

Denny,

I needed another pulley to complete the surp. belt. The 2011 lx cars have electric assisted Pwr steering which uses a standalone dummy pulley, but it's 6 rib. My supercharger set up is 8 rib. That's why I had to fab my own.

The dash and shifter look great! You are making some serious progress. How are you gunna activate the Trans Brake?

When I put it in I will have a button the the steering wheel that controls it.

Denny,

I needed another pulley to complete the surp. belt. The 2011 lx cars have electric assisted Pwr steering which uses a standalone dummy pulley, but it's 6 rib. My supercharger set up is 8 rib. That's why I had to fab my own.

I thought you had one-upped me......I utilize the same 71-72 Pinto rack on my ol' Hemi builds because it is compact, but I've been looking into a remote electic power assist similiar to what is used on Midgets/ATVs/ect.

after I R&D it ...I'll let you know how it works...you got enough stuff to sort out right now....been there/done that....it's hetic!

I thought you had one-upped me......I utilize the same 71-72 Pinto rack on my ol' Hemi builds because it is compact, but I've been looking into a remote electic power assist similiar to what is used on Midgets/ATVs/ect.

after I R&D it ...I'll let you know how it works...you got enough stuff to sort out right now....been there/done that....it's hetic!

Thx for reminding me... what the hell am I even on the net for? lol

PM me on the Dart seats?

I know several interested parties that are good friends

-
Back