My 6.1 hemi build!

-
When did the trucks start using an aluminum oil pan? That looks like a car oil pan.

I better quit asking questions...you got a lot of work to do

Gotcha. I hope you get it welded and post pics so the rest of us can check it out.

Wow long day.. Had a lot of trouble with the clearance of the oil pan pick up tube and the steering rack but I finally got it. I was also able to get the Kenne Bell in place, but it needs to be modified as well.. it barely touches the firewall so I have tow options; cut the firewall and notch it or notch the s/c.. I made the decision to notch the s/c. I'm not liking the stance of the car so I think I'm going with 175 springs for the rear vise my 130's... and my fronts are 400's and I think I need 350 or 375.. Here are some pics I took of the work today and I got some of the rear and the fuel stuff (still needs work done).. oh and I got the headliner in too...
c63b1648.jpg

4a792783.jpg

4a134f21.jpg

87842357.jpg

e649ba57.jpg

c62e1ada.jpg

70a562c1.jpg

a5e8453b.jpg

aef91aa0.jpg

c636fd5d.jpg

3c4cca58.jpg

80d1d511.jpg

9b7a6e79.jpg

d9747f5f.jpg

2fa706c4.jpg

The pan looks great, nice beads!! Whats the deal with the chebby symbol next the pentastar??, really funny!! Can you slide a piece of paper between the firewall and s/c? If so, I think you'll be fine as those engines don't move at all stock, but you got alot more power so maybe it might.

The pan looks great, nice beads!! Whats the deal with the chebby symbol next the pentastar??, really funny!! Can you slide a piece of paper between the firewall and s/c? If so, I think you'll be fine as those engines don't move at all stock, but you got alot more power so maybe it might.

no it is right against the firewall... if I run it as is I will get knock sensors codes... MY buddy put that on the oil pan! A hole! lol

just a thought...and you probably already spitballed it..but can you drop the front of the motor at all to get additional firewall clearance?

Hemi, I can't bc of the rack and oil pan clearance issue... I actually had to make .25" spacers for the motor mounts to raise the engine for exact clearance

Hemi, I can't bc of the rack and oil pan clearance issue... I actually had to make .25" spacers for the motor mounts to raise the engine for exact clearance

Gotcha...I was hopin that pan mod yielded you some x-tra space

Looks like the diablo tuner and ecu arrived yesterday... I'll try and get it started by the end of next wk if I can get the fuel system complete.

Just curious, buy why did you choose the factory ECM over something from FAST, AEM, Megasquirt etc? Are you worried the factory ECM might not have the flexibility for the amount of boost you're going for?

Not trying to be critical, just want your thoughts.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Very simple and the diablo predator has all the tuning capabilities I need. Several cars running over 20 lbs and 1000 rwhp using factory ecu in the new cars. Plus I know some of the best tuners around that tunes with the predator

Thanks, makes perfect sense.

Keep up the good work, look forward to more car ****.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Update.... So I made the decision to wait to do a 8.50 cage until after the VMP event (27 Apr). I still have a ton to do on the car and it needs to get to AJ for Tuning as well before the event. I'd rather not start a cage and that be the only thing lacking with everything else completed. This week I'll finish the interior, run the rear brake line, install shifter, and paint trunk without fuel cell in it. Next week is the wiring of the car.

good call...seems like you got a lot on the ol' plate. And you're only allowed one bite at a time

Yeah no kidding... What sux is I prolly wont do a full pass until the cage is 100% complete even at the track rental on the 27th.. I might do a few 60' launches to see how she reacts to the suspension though. lol I need some serious seat time for this bad boy as I've never even driven a a fast old school car..even though I've had 6 A bodies over the yrs all with sm V8's

you guys are out of my league....see ya at the coffee shop

Thx man.. it's coming along fast. it will be on the dyno on the 18th of this month.

Jason

-
Back