My 6.1 hemi build!

-
Here is a question--I think your Jason Right???? What did you do to prime the oil pump???? We all want to know--There has been threads but you had to do it so I'm intrigued !!!!! Sweet car-sweet engine!!!!! you must have been one of the lottery winners last week --HE HE HE Steve

Sorry I forgot 2 ask---Did leave the stock main caps on??? Did you put main studs in??? Why didn't you use the center sump milidon pan????

Here is a question--I think your Jason Right???? What did you do to prime the oil pump???? We all want to know--There has been threads but you had to do it so I'm intrigued !!!!! Sweet car-sweet engine!!!!! you must have been one of the lottery winners last week --HE HE HE Steve

I haven't started it yet I just wrapped up the wiring today. I was told I needed to pre-prime the oil pump though.. let me make a call real quick.. I'll post back in a few. I have a ton of friends that have built these gen 3 hemi strokers and they would know.

Sorry I forgot 2 ask---Did leave the stock main caps on??? Did you put main studs in??? Why didn't you use the center sump milidon pan????

I used the rear sump jeep pan... no main studs and yes stock mains.. no real reason to change them at my level... next winter when I build a stroker and add more boost I'll most likely do billet mains and studs.

coming along nicely...you're strong on horsepower.....and weak on pictures...just say'n

I was told this: They pick up oil just fine. Leave the plugs out, hold the accelerator pedal to the floor (shuts off the injectors) and crank for 30 seconds. After it sits for a few minutes to cool the starter, repeat this twice, it will be ready to start after you install the plugs.

went to the dirt track races last night...still knockin the dust off..

I was told this: They pick up oil just fine. Leave the plugs out, hold the accelerator pedal to the floor (shuts off the injectors) and crank for 30 seconds. After it sits for a few minutes to cool the starter, repeat this twice, it will be ready to start after you install the plugs.

Jason, Today I gave you a "for your's eyes only" way to properly pre oil a new Hemi. How well do you trust assembly lube when cranking the motor with the starter for 30 seconds at a time when I told you how to prime it within 4 rotation's of the crank? If the oil pump gulps in a shot of air and cavitates....Just saying and trying to help out.

Hemi u did help... Pm me ur number so I can call u next wk.

Can't wait to see it running. Nice work & fast at it too. Is this your new full time job or what? You gotta be Self Employed!

Can't wait to see it running. Nice work & fast at it too. Is this your new full time job or what? You gotta be Self Employed!

Not my full time job..lol.. I wish.. I'm in the Coast Guard, but I've been taking a ton of leave lately to get this done...I also go to school full time in finishing up my MBA, workout 6 days a wk, run 30 miles a wk, hangout with wife, etc...maybe in 6yrs when I retire I'll do this full time..lol

Can't wait to see this thing running. I don't know if I missed it, but what front end you running? Also anyway to get a shot of clearance between the TTI and the inner fender wells

Troy

If all goes well next wkend I'll fire it up! I have a custom k frame from tshell a forum member on here.

So What's the oil pump secret???? Hemidup???? That's not playing nice to us guy's who have our motor's apart!!!!!! Please pretty please with sugar on top!!!! Steve

Got some work done today... Mocked up my new Dash with gauges, finished up the wiring under the dash, took out my fuel cell and painted the inside of the trunk, and installed all door panels, and arm rest... Oh and moked up the 2" primary TTi headers which fit great.. a little close to the min starter but fit nice.

94a342c0.jpg

4d86fe32.jpg

872aa1e4.jpg

53cc252e.jpg

Nice chebby oil pan, lol!!!

-
Back