my 65 Barracuda questions

-

Tadams

Tadams
Reaction score
How do I remove the hood hinges? I have access to them and have removed the hood, but not sure what to do next.
Preparing to paint my car and thinking about changing exterior color and leaving the inside gold. How do I do the interior doors as far as going from the gold to the exterior color. I know it would be much more simple to keep it all the same color, but thinking about a change. If you have a picture it would be great. I have seen a couple of different ways these were painted.
When I paint the stripes, are they suppose to be gloss, semi-gloss or flat. Again, going to car shows, it seems the few that I have seen are all different.
While stripping the paint, along the roof rail there seems to be a crack on both sides. Is this a caulk that has dried up or exactly what? The cars I have seen all have this, even after being painted. I haven't tried to remove this, but seems I read somewhere that it was a caulking or a filler.
Thanks

This photo might help with the door paint question. The stripes should be gloss like the rest of the car. The cracked seam sealer is what you have along your roof rails. I stripped all that off of mine and re-sealed them with a better seam sealer. Not sure about the hood hinges. I didn't remove mine.

Attachments

• Barracuda door paint.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 126
Awesome, thanks
I read somewhere the stripe should be less than a gloss. Thanks for clarifying

What seam sealer should I use. Hope to spray paint next week.

To remove the hood springs, first go to the torsion bar for the side you are working on, grab it with a pair of vise grips and over spring it a little to allow the roller to clear the lip of the roller track on the hinge. Then, pull the hinge out of the way of the roller and slowly release the tension from the torsion bar! The hinge will be free as well as the torsion bar, then just take the clip off the hinge post in the wheel well and remove it!

my **** is cracked too, seemed to be worse after I got it painted, maybe they put it under heat lamps to dry? Im going to put clear silicone in the crack with my finger just to seal it so water doesnt collect in there, its garaged 100% of the time anyway. My doors look just like that. All stripes were dealer installed so there are not always the same, dimensionally and color

Awesome, thanks
I read somewhere the stripe should be less than a gloss. Thanks for clarifying

I'm only going by what I have seen. I'm no authority here. Cruise this site for fellow '65 owners and ask them. I may be wrong about this.

-
Back