My 65 Barracuda

-

scoobster

Reaction score
Hey guys! I just bought this resto-mod 65 Barracuda about 6 weeks ago. I've heard great things about this forum, and this is my first classic car. I am going to have plenty of questions for you all, but in the mean time, here are the pics!

At some point I'll get around to posting pics of the engine bay. What do you guys think?

Side.jpg

Front.jpg

IMG_2552.jpg

IMG_2553.jpg

I think your car is beautiful....welcome to FABO, enjoy the site :cheers:

Sweet Cuda, love it.
Oops, and welcome to FABO of course. The best site there is.

I think your car is Beautiful!!! First word that I thought of when I saw your car, "wow, beautiful" lol haha...welcome to the site,

-james, from gilroy

The car is sitting on American Racing Torq Thrust wheels that are wrapped in low profile s-1099s. There is a new high performance 360 engine, about 200 miles on it so far. It is paired with a 4speed trans.

I just got the car insured so I am still feeling out how the ride is, but my intention is just keep to it maintained and enjoy it.

I have suffered from vapor lock once and am taking it into the shop for a full inspection tomorrow. It appears that the fuel line is laid across the top of the engine block so I am looking for solutions to create some space. If that doesn't solve the issue, perhaps a phenolic spacer on the carb / fuel return line?

Finally, I am new to classic cars! I know the basic routine for keeping a modern car running, but I imagine there is a lot to know about these older rides. Does anyone know of some good, centralized FAQs or resources to learn about maintaining these cars and keeping them running tip top?

Thanks guys!

engine.jpg

Welcome! Great looking Barracuda.

I think you just found the best resource for maintaining your new ride, right here at FABO.

Wow!!! owning a 65' myself I cant say enough about your car. Welcome to the forum first all. Second pass along some pics of the interior to those of us drooling.

-
Back