my 68 dart project

-
no i havent tubbed it, i just budded the leaf spring up against the frame rail and drilled new holes for the mounts, it gave an extra 3/4" on both sides which i used every fraction of that. its only a redstripe 255 in the rear but i mounted it on a 10" rim to widen it out and give it better handling, also makes it look wider than it really is. its a cheater trick we used it short track racing, use a 1" wider rim than the tire is for and we dropped our times nearly a half second. the sway bar setup is intended for nascar division racing but i bent the torsion bar creating a sump in the center for the crank pulley and then had the arms ceramic chromed. i made mounts using the bumper mount bolts so i didnt drill any holes in the unibody.

Wow, nice car!
That color really makes it pop!

thanks, i hate green but i saw a challenger that had this color and it really stood out, so i painted it like this. i painted it in my garage and all paint included i think i spent maybe $500. the next one i build when i sell this one is gonna be an evil lookin black hemi dart with the bright red tail stripe.

i should have the engine back from the machine shop soon, then gotta build a set of headers for it. todays goal is to make a polished fan shroud for the electric fan.
heres another pic i took when i pushed it outside, havent seen the car outside since i painted it a month ago so i took a crap load of pics.
dart5.jpg

ready for the built up bright orange 440 six pack dressed in chrome soon to come...haha.
engingebay2.jpg

WOW can't wait. Gorgeous just frickin Gorgeous love it all the way around, can't wait to see that small motor go in LOL

got some scrap stainless sheetmetal and built a fan shroud for it today
fanshroud.jpg

-
Back