my 68 dart project

-

smb03

Reaction score
heres a dart ive been workin on for awhile now.
dart1.jpg

front.jpg

swaybar-1.jpg

back.jpg

interior.jpg

Great piece, love the color and graphics. What are the plans for the drive train? Keep us posted, with plenty of pictures.

i have the engine, its at the machine shop right now. its a built up 440 six pack, 727 3k stall, dana 60 4.11, 35 spline axles

everybody knows how expensive chrome is now, i airbrushed trim on my dash bezels with a 2 part chrome kit that cost $16 and look at the reflection. came out nice. saved hundreds of $'s not having to send it out to get redone.
guages.jpg

battery box i just fabbed up for the dart, i wanted it to look like a fancy piece of luggage and not some ugly plastic or steel box.
batterybox.jpg

Well you did it, looks like you might be a professional shoe shine man with an AWESOME car. :):):)

finally shes on the ground, pushed her out side for some pics. still need to replace the front windshield and probly should of washed it but oh well i was anxious lol
dart2.jpg

X2 love it looks great, bet it sounds great also. Love what you have done to it.

What shocks did you use for the trunk-lid? they look great, and please don't take offense to the shoe shine thing. Just kinda reminded me of shoe shine box minus the soe holder on top of the box. LOOKS GREAT :)

lol no none taken i thought it was funny, i actually just grabbed the shocks off a car at the wrecking yard, not even sure what it was, i just like now when u turn the key for the trunk its not all springy.

well its probly gonna be a little loud,i just used the exhaust off my old nascar west series car with 3.5" oval pipe into an oval x then thru borla oval mufflers, havent fired it yet still waiting on a few things

Very nice. Can you tell us more about your chrome paint? Also, is your white guage panel re-done?

lol its actually a kph speedo, car came from mexico. i re-painted the cluster, i like the white face gauges. the paint for the chrome is called alclad, just use a high gloss black paint then mist over it with the alclad, just a couple passes till it looks chrome, if you spray too much it will just look silver.

have you mini tubed the car? I want to say no, but looks like you have some nice meats in the back. What size tire are you running back thar :) looks cool none the less

Wow!! Very well thought out :cheers:
and many hours of fun to get this cool Dart looking like this :coffee2:
And if you don't mind me asking :glasses7: What kind of front sway bar am I looking at ?

-
Back