My 70 Dart as of now

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
Took the Dart out for a few days this nice long weekend, and before parking it (probably for the rest of the year, can't afford to drive it right now), I took some pictures and thought I would share them with you guys. Oh, and drove it down to the beach, and while gunning it in first past the parking lot, I set off someones car alarm 8)

(Please excuse the ugly skinny dangerous tires, and the temporary hack job tranny lines)

DSC01512.jpg

DSC01513.jpg

DSC01514.jpg

DSC01515.jpg

DSC01516.jpg

DSC01517.jpg

DSC01518.jpg

DSC01519.jpg

DSC01520.jpg

DSC01521.jpg

DSC01522.jpg

DSC01523.jpg

DSC01524.jpg

DSC01526.jpg

DSC01527.jpg

DSC01528.jpg

That is a nice Dart Mike. I love the color. And that rare option battery hold down is so very nice. I had one on my Dart for a long time. LOL

Do you have any build plans while the car is parked for the winter?

Thanks man! Ahaha ya that battery hold down option, all part of the Dart Custom 8)
As for the winter, I have plenty of plans. All depends on $$$ though. But, the current gears in the rear are 2.76 but I would love to put in 3.23 or 3.55. Also, the rims on the car are the stock 6 cyl 14 x 5" rims.. would like to put steelies on it again but more like 7" or 8" wide. And wouldn't mind fixing those tranny lines 8)

Your cars looking good the hood scoops really make it. The body looks pretty solid,is it an island car?? I would assume your power brakes are on their way out, just refering to the missing port on the booster. I want to take my booster off this winter and re do my lines (maybe a line loc would be fun).Or are you going to run power brakes. Nice color too!

Your cars looking good the hood scoops really make it. The body looks pretty solid,is it an island car?? I would assume your power brakes are on their way out, just refering to the missing port on the booster. I want to take my booster off this winter and re do my lines (maybe a line loc would be fun).Or are you going to run power brakes. Nice color too!

Thank you macadoo! Yes the car is an island car, I bought it out of Duncan from a farm years ago. As for my brakes, there hasn't been anything there ever since I bought it? What even goes there? I re did all my lines and brakes this summer.

Hey Mike, that open hole is where the fitting goes to hook the vacuum hose to your intake manifold, without it I would guess your brakes feel much like manual brakes. I want to put mine to manual brakes as with the cam in my 360 I don't get enough vacuum to run them properly, besides the engine bay looks much cleaner without the booster, in my early A the booster is actually only millimeters from my valve cover. To go to manual I think it requires a different master and a different rod from the pedals. Not 100% sure, but thats why I come here to learn:cheers:
My car originates from Duncan too, wish it started out as clean as yours before it had paint, got a little mud in the back quarters, normal for a convert I guess.

thanks for sharing :rock: Your 70 Dart sure looks great :cheers:
Glad you took her out for a spin and enjoyed setting car alarm off.:toothy7:
Your motor looks good too.:thumbrig:

yep !! AdamR is correct Front plate is crooked though

That thing looks mean !!!!!! If it was my car I would keep that mean sleeper look with the no hub caps and all.....:cheers:

Looks good, Front plate is crooked though, LOL

Haha yes I know, when I bought the car it was perfect, I had put money down on it, then I came back to get it and the guy's wife decided to drive it one last time around the yard and drove it into a pole. So I got it for a bit cheaper, but had to replace the front bumper, grill (only took like 2 years to find another), and hood. If you look closely you will notice the hood is a bit darker than the rest of the car. I do have another front valance but it is brown.

thanks for sharing :rock: Your 70 Dart sure looks great :cheers:
Glad you took her out for a spin and enjoyed setting car alarm off.:toothy7:
Your motor looks good too.:thumbrig:

Thanks memike! Haha someone the other day told me my valve covers looked like sh*t and I should replace them with chrome ones. But they were originally black and I painted them orange and I was pretty happy with them.

That thing looks mean !!!!!! If it was my car I would keep that mean sleeper look with the no hub caps and all.....:cheers:

Yes I'm going to, except I really need a little wider of a rim and tire. Partially for the look, but also for traction. Getting up to 50 mph is a litttttle scary at times haha

Yes I'm going to, except I really need a little wider of a rim and tire. Partially for the look, but also for traction. Getting up to 50 mph is a litttttle scary at times haha

You've heard it before but...nice Dart man! Very similiar options (interior colors and 2 watt "Music Master" AM radio) to my 70 GT.

I notice it looks like you have no trans kickdown linkage? If it is missing replace it as soon as possible or you'll end up frying your trans.I like the green on green combo.I think 15x7" steelies with dog dishes & rims painted green to match the body would be my personal choice.

Be nice to your Door Panels! They are a 1 year 1 model only pattern for the 1970 Custom only. Since the 1970 GT is an Option Package (A65) on the Custom they use the same Door Panels. Stop by the Registry and register your Custom: www.7071dartgt.net.

Later,
Bruce B.

Here are some updates on the Dart.

I bought a SBP set of steelies with rubber, custom widened, for pretty cheap, and found a mismatched set of dog dishes. Ran the car like that for a couple years, then tore it down to patch the floor. Did a so-so job, and realized it needs more body work. Plan is to take it to a shop, and have it repainted F8 green. The scoops and everything, F8. No bumble bee.

Before I tore it down..

DSC02743.jpg

DSC02742.jpg

After the tear down, finding a rust free drivers fender, and having the bottom rear section of the passenger fender repaired, and the fender primered. Also found a complete inner fender/rad support piece, to use to fix mine.

IMG_0050.jpg

DSC03318.jpg

DSC03311-1.jpg

DSC03319.jpg

And here are pics of the 340 I picked up for $200. I must have read the numbers wrong, but I thought the block was a 71. Turns out its a 73. Unless my engine guy is screwing me over.. But aside from that. 68 X heads, steel crank, large rods, and a pile of other parts. I am missing a lot of it, but we are piecing it together. The block had to be bored .060 over, so I bought a set of Kieth Black pistons. The heads had a lot of surface rust, but have been cleaned up, and had hardened seats put in. I honestly don't know much about building an engine, or what good combos are to have, but I'll let you guys know what I have and what I know.

Before and after pics of the block, crank, heads, etc.

DSC02457.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

DSC02464.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

DSC02461.jpg

DSC02462.jpg

DSC02463.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

wow they were rusty did that sucker sit in a lake or something before you got it?

Also upgraded the front brakes to BBP discs, from a 75 Swinger. The rears stayed SBP drums for a while until I could afford BBP axles. I bought them from Moser, for roughly $250 with green bearings and studs installed. Just have to redrill my rear drums to fit, and they're good to go. I like the steelies with dog dishes look, but the only BBP rims I have right now are rallyes.

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

-
Back