My 71 340 Duster resto

-
lol never mind saw it was a duster not a demon was wondering about the front fenders with no line for a second! haha

Sorry. Guess I'm confusing everyone with my handle being 71 Demon and doing a Duster??? My next car is a 71 340 Orange/Black Demon I've had stashed away for some time. The Demon is the car I cut my teeth on back in the day and when I got hooked on Mopars. Had a Curiuos Yellow 340 auto bucket seat car with a/c, console and all the the goodies. I sold it way back then for 3000.00 when I got the new car itch and bought a new Camaro for 3700.00. Looking back now I think I really made out on that deal, NOT!!!. So my dream is to build me another one since I can no longer find my old one after trying several years.

She got a grill and door handles today. Working on try to get the headliner in too.

Duster grill resize 011.jpg

Finally had time to d a little more. Brakes are bled, Seats and carpet are in. Waiting on some new glass and mufflers. Won't be long now.

20 Jan  resize Duster 017.jpg

20 Jan resizeDuster 012.jpg

That looks very impressive! I love the colour, It must feel good doing all that work when your finished product is that mint! Craig..

Damn that's gorgeous! The blackout and paint turned out great. Am glad you resprayed it, because it would have drove you crazy everytime you looked at it.

Grant

Looking back now it was a good decision to respray but it was not easy to do then. Glad I did? You bet.

Glass went in this past weekend and mor einterior pieces. Getting closer.

Duster wGlass resize.jpg

Looks great...any chance of getting some pics of where you stopped the black out area in the door jam area and under hood?

Here the blackout under the hood. Just about 1/4 inch under.

20 Jan 10 Duster resize.jpg

Loving it!....Very nice Job, love the day two look too

I was going for a kind of 70's period look for the car. That's the way I remember them back in the day after the hotrodders(myself included) did their thing.

All done now and got my first first place trophy at a local show. I was excited about that.

Finished Duster May 2010 001resized.jpg

Finished Duster May 2010 007 resized.jpg

Finished Duster May 2010 013 resized.jpg

resized.jpg

-
Back