My answer to Oregon's plastic bag ban.

-
I’ve never had a cup of coffee, tea, or iced tea.
that is hard to believe, maybe you are Mormon or Amish?
hot, black and strong is my choice, this is the best combo I've come up with so far. Save the planet one cup at a time.
61zsoOoy1iL._AC_SL1280_.jpg
2286546b-2df5-4e75-8c3b-057346f6749f_1.9bbc116d0bc80299071664699c4afccb.jpeg
7189yrVMswL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
61ZtFs0fViL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

I believe Washington state requires you to have a trash bag in your car "License, registration, insurance and trash bag please..."

Had that Dickasons blend, pretty good. Costco? I had some coffee at Subway one morning and about spit it out it was so strong. I asked WTH was wrong with the coffee maker and he said he didnt know. Went back the next week and found out the person used 3X the coffee grounds they were suppose to use. It was like drinking one of those concentrated coffee syrups. Here is my rig, $8 at Goodwill! Beans and water in, coffee out. Even has a gold grind filter and charcoal water filter.

ct_therm-1.png

Last edited:
What i want to know is why are plastic straws not ok but plastic cups and lids are ok?

Seems like a lot more plastic goes into cups and lids vs straws?

I dont drink coffee but if anyone in the bay area goes to "Phills coffee" the art on the wall is mostly made by my pops.

I keep forgetting bring my bags damn lol. You gotta ask for a straw here in my town in Oregon also. I like the rule, I cannot stand seeing litter. Every little bit helps.

Last edited:
I keep forgetting bring my bags damn lol. You gotta ask for a straw here in my town in Oregon also. I like the rule, I cannot stand seeing litter. Every little bit helps.

The straw ban is statewide now.

On another note, I wonder why we don't get some type of tax credit for recycling/reusing old cars. We are saving the earth, but I don't think that they see it that way.

Last edited:
I believe Washington state requires you to have a trash bag in your car "License, registration, insurance and trash bag please..."

Had that Dickasons blend, pretty good. Costco? I had some coffee at Subway one morning and about spit it out it was so strong. I asked WTH was wrong with the coffee maker and he said he didnt know. Went back the next week and found out the person used 3X the coffee grounds they were suppose to use. It was like drinking one of those concentrated coffee syrups. Here is my rig, $8 at Goodwill! Beans and water in, coffee out. Even has a gold grind filter and charcoal water filter.

View attachment 1715452468
Name something better than the Dickason blend and I will try it. I am into simple and nothing to wear out, but the charcoal filter on that rig seems nice.

My pet peeve is people emptying their ashtrays at stop lights and/or in parking lots, also people just throwing their cigarette butts out the window. Next time you're stopped at a red light (especially at an exit ramp) look at all the cigarette butts and trash on the ground.

that is hard to believe, maybe you are Mormon or Amish?
hot, black and strong is my choice, this is the best combo I've come up with so far. Save the planet one cup at a time.
there was a time i would take two heaping scopes of sugar in my coffee
the one day, i passed 220 (im 6 foot even) and i needed to do something drastic
so i cut the out the sugar and dropped back down to 215

funny thing is, my coffee is GREAT without sugar
some other places i go, i need to add sugar to drink it

What i want to know is why are plastic straws not ok but plastic cups and lids are ok?

Seems like a lot more plastic goes into cups and lids vs straws?
this may be tin foil hat territory but look at the strata of society that uses straws a lot, lower class people who eat fastfood and have kids, right?

and who drinks that used motor oil that comes in the little cups ?
office people
managements
CEOs
and...the people making and lobbying for these laws

just a theory but it seems to me, people always want to impose their goals on others without it affecting them

We don’t have a plastic bag or plastic straw ban here in Pa. I can honestly say that on my walk today I didn’t see one single plastic bag blowing around and not one single Sea Turtle with s plastic straw stuck in his nose. Life is great.

We don’t have a plastic bag or plastic straw ban here in Pa. I can honestly say that on my walk today I didn’t see one single plastic bag blowing around and not one single Sea Turtle with s plastic straw stuck in his nose. Life is great.
We got plastic bags AND straws, and I have never seen a sea turtle with a straw stuck up its nose...so, you guys must be doing something wrong

I always thought this would be a great job for prisoners. Go out and pick up cigarette butts, used condoms, plastic straws and bags.
don't forget used hypodermic needles, at least around here they are everywhere...in the parks, alleys

Last edited:
A Pittsburgh area Giant Eagle grocery store started a no plastic bag pilot program this week. They are selling paper bags for .10 each or reusable bags for 1.00-2.00 each.

We went to Nashville last week for a few days. It's a 500 mile drive both ways and I was just awe struck at the garbage lying on the side of the road and in the median. The truck tires and so many bumper covers on the road. Styrofoam tumble weeds and shrink wrap plastic hanging from trees. Blowing plastic bags everywhere. And a leather sofa on I-71.
A lot of Americans are lazy and could give two ***** about the pollution in this country.
We use our own shopping bags and drink filtered tap water instead of bottled water.

they should put the convicts back out there, picking up trash

-
Back