My attempt at furniture

-

straightlinespeed

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Reaction score
Well Im no Younggun 2.0, but this was my attempt at a end table. I made this for my brother for Christmas. I was going to clean up all the pieces and paint it up all nice, but I liked the rough used looked better. The clear things on top of the pistons are suction cups to keep the glass in place. This is obviously with out the glass. Sorry its mostly Chebby parts.

View attachment IMG_20151203_154329762.jpg

That's cool Ramie. I wouldn't paint it either, it's just right the way it is.

Only problem I see is when he goes to set his beer on it, it'll hit the floor, hmmm...........

Awesome. I will add that I think it is perfect the way it is. Nice work, your brother will have that for a very long time and I'm sure he will truly appreciate the work you put into it.

A buddy just made some tables out of a old pick up bed. He builds rat rod pick ups for a living.

Attachments

• 12308580_578928885774_6960531889643012046_n.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 201
Thank you everyone for the kind words. I had fun making it, I probably have about 4 hours into it. Soaking and cleaning the parts probably took the longest. Then making sure the pistons where level in all directions and with each other took some time as well.

Wanna adopt another brother?
( I mean, you still have a crank, and 4 more rods and pistons...)

Hahaha, That would be a very heavy end table! I've been debating on what to do with a crank and have not come up with anything good yet.

Cool !! Gives me motivation to try something like that.

Wow, your brother is going to be happy this Christmas, that's a real work of art.

I was thinking about doing stuff with some axels and gears, maybe a lamp?

Neat as hell ..you could scale it down and use 4 banger stuff and make candelabras - at first glance I thought it was some kinda candle holder..

I was thinking about doing stuff with some axels and gears, maybe a lamp?

That would be a neat idea. If you try it post picks

Neat as hell ..you could scale it down and use 4 banger stuff and make candelabras - at first glance I thought it was some kinda candle holder..

Good idea and I also have access to smaller engine components. I may have to give that some thought.

:thumbup: Really nice work & very creative. I think it would look cool with tinted glass to top it off....

I've been debating on what to do with a crank and have not come up with anything good yet.

I bought a small table for the garage at a swap meet that's made from a crank. I'll post a pic for you later today...

Ther is a guy that does some great stuff with valve covers for lighting. A slant six cover over a pool table would be cool!

:thumbup: Really nice work & very creative. I think it would look cool with tinted glass to top it off...

I bought a small table for the garage at a swap meet that's made from a crank. I'll post a pic for you later today...

Ohhh and a hint for the glass go to your local Goodwill or thrift store. There always seems to be end tables at those stores. I paid $7 for the end table with the glass that I wanted. Pulled the glass and cut the table up for fire wood. Tinted glass would be cool but no options for that when I went there.

Yes please post up a pic of that crank table. Looking forward to it.

Ther is a guy that does some great stuff with valve covers for lighting. A slant six cover over a pool table would be cool!

I've seen some of those lights on the internet. They are pretty damn cool!

Here's the crank table I found at the swap meet. Just drilled 3 holes in the flywheel & mounted some old creeper casters underneath so that it can be rolled around. And of course, a magazine rack wired on for reading time :)

Attachments

• P1020320.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 104
-
Back