My beater

-
Thanks, it was originally mm1 turbine bronze, i had a hard time finding decent full car pictures painted this color. In the end i decided to go back to the original color, and i really like it. It seems to have quite a flop to it..depending on light, angles etc. It will look a slightly different color on sunny days versus cloudy days, and at night. I was wondering if the color combo was rare or not. It had white seats and door panels with black interior trim/dash tops of the doors headliner etc. Im sure it was quite a gem in its day. Thanks for looking and helping with the motivation to carry on.

This weld is actually a vertical weld(out of position)i wish i had a rotiserie, i figured beings i didnt, knowing how to weld out of position was a good thing. Ive mastered stitch welding sheet metal, low warpage and 100% penetration If anyone has any questions about welding feel free to ask. I taught my fiance to weld in about an hour...(this is not a typical learning curve though hehe) When it comes to welding ive welded it all from regular ol' cast iron with nickel or ni-cad rod to manganese, magnesium, titanium, stainless, aluminum, t-1, ni-hard, stellite rod, hardfacing, etc. Anything from .023 mig to 5/16" mig and everything in between. 22 guage steel to 4" plate. Prepping and preheating aluminum, cast iron and t1 steel etc. Its easy if you know what not to do. When it comes to mig welding c-25 is the key.

Attachments

• d15.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 525
Looking good! I wish my son was more into cars, but he's my Good Boy anyway. Enjoy the time you have with him on the build. Keep us updated. This looks like a good one!

I havent had much time lately, time seems as hard to come by as money for my project. Im hoping to finish the jambs this weekend and finalize the panel gaps to get it ready to wet sand. Im going to install the motor and transmission and hopefully drive it to the paint booth next month..wish me luck! And thanks for all the advice and support.

Attachments

• my dart.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 427
Your doing a awesome job. Car looks great.

Attachments

• P4140017.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 415
Dang this is looking good! Especially the welds! I wish I could make mine look half that good. I should have contacted you before I started my project. I can't wait to see the paint on yours!

Finally got the dart running and made a trip around the block, so far so good. The smile on my sons face says it all.:burnout:

Attachments

• 1021121519950001.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 379
Unfortunately the paint has been postponed. The current plan is to re-block and reprime the whole car. Its got a few scratches that need addressed, also i want the body to be nice and straight. Ill be putting in dynamat and buttoning up the wiring this winter and looking forward to paint next spring.

Working on the stance and adjusting body lines/gaps. Ill need to shim the fender slightly to follow the hood.

Attachments

• mydart2.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 307
The headlights are working, one step closer to the street.

Attachments

• dart11~12~1.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 311
Thanks to jefflock, i now have tail lights, thanks jefflock for the tail light socket!

Attachments

• dart 11~12~3.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 323
The 400 is out of a 72 newport with 35000 actual miles, new cam/lifters, i lapped the valves on a set of 452's i had, its runs strong

Attachments

• engine pic.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 329
Wow! That is going to be one beautiful car when you are finished(already looks great). It really pays to take your time and do it right. Keep the pictures of your progress comming.

-
Back