My boy's happy Mom's NOT!!

-

78kitcar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
This is my oldest boy Gavin he's 5 and will turn 6 the day after Christmas.So he graduates preschool and has done very well all year i told him he deserves a reward so i asked him what would you like his response "A DIRTBIKE" i almost dropped(I've always been a fan of motocross) so i searched craigslist and found a deal on a Honda xr50.I would be surprised if this bike had 10hrs on it it's that nice so we went out Saturday morn to check it out and bought it.We come strolling in with it and Mom almost had a heart attack but Gavin's happy and moms not now its difficult to get Gavin off of it the boy's in love.My brother's boys have dirtbikes and thats were Gavin got the idea so now he can ride with cousins.Anyone else into dirt/motocross? I was told i got a great deal on this bike and was trying to get different opinions? thanks
Mike

gavin's dirtbike 007 (Small).jpg

Glad to see he's got the right safety gear. I have 4 girls and a CRF 50and 80 and a couple of atv's. The oldest started riding at 4 second at 5 and Hanna the dainty one started this year at 6 (the baby does not ride). At ten the oldest Robyn new what a clutch was and how to use it. I know adult men that dont know that. Find out about JUNIOR RED RIDERS from honda, it's free to sighn up and they will send him some stickers and a newsletter from time to time. That bike is a good choice my 50 has been through many battles and crashes but still starts first kick every time. Do you have a ride too.Good luck. The boy will make your wife proud.

By the way Mom isn't going to like him jumping that pond in the bacground very much.

Way to go DAD!!!!!! That would have made me and most of us feel like we are the man.:cheers:
And to Gavin, Congrat's young gun :cheers::cheers:
I bet he likes riding and it's best to teach them yourself before they get on someone else'es bike.8)
He looks like a go get 'er 78kitcar8)
Great picture you will look back on when he is 20 years old.

You ain't getting none for a while. (ha ha) Looks like a nice bike. How bout posting some pics of your car. It looks like my project.

dart 005 resize.jpg

My brother used to race motorcross but after braking his finger, collar bone, arm, and rupturing his spleen and havng it removed he just rides for fun now.
I ride a 730 Raptor and a 06 Suzuki 450 out in Glamis. Thats a lot of fun. I did bash my chin one time. 6 stitches and $1200 bucks latter.

My dad used to race three wheelers back in the early 80's. He has some nice scars to show and good storys to tell.

So ya mom should be worried but thats what moms do. Gavin will have a lot of fun. I know my dad brother and I do.

Here is a pic of my dad. This is takin from the center fold of a three wheller
mag. Thats why that line is in the middle.

and a pic o my chin.

DAD.jpg

RussellsStitches.jpg

-
Back