My Bucket O' Bolts Is On YouTube

-

Wylde1

"No Value Added" Member
Reaction score
I forgot all about this. One of my Mopar buds took it last year. I wish he would have got some sound of me idling in. Lumpy cam + high compression through 3-1/2" FlowMasters can't be beat. lol

Don't let the shiny paint fool you. It's a 20 footer. I don't wash the car and just use Dri Wash 'n Guard on it. There's a bunch of scratches on the hood and top of the fenders from some dork wiping the dust off it with a dry t-shirt while it was in storage years ago. Yes I know I have a wheel stud missing off both front wheels and whatever that crap is on the driver's side front tire won't come off. Might have to try some sandpaper?

Enjoy. :burnout: :thumbup: :headbang:

Wylde1.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YwXRdWMCWA"]340 four speed '71 Demon at Kanata Cruise - YouTube[/ame]

Looks great Wylde! Forgive me, whats with the trunk "pins"??

Previous owner completely removed the hinge assembly when he and his brother did the mini-tubs. The trunk is steel with most of the inner bracing removed. The inner bracing that remains is where the pins are. It's a real PITA removing the lid by myself. A few years ago I bought a hinge assembly from a member in BC that was scrapping a Duster. I haven't put them in yet because I'll need a new trunk lid and I'd prefer one in steel from AMD. Then I still have to cut off the pins and weld up the holes without weld splatter burning the paint on the 1/4 panels.

Wylde1.

Man, that looks pretty sweet. If that's a 20 footer then mines a 100 footer, at night, in the rain.

Right on, looks great from 20" from the screen! 20 feet and I wouldn't even be able to see it!

Thanks guys. Trust me up close I can show you how bad the hood and top of the fenders are ( to me ). I never wash the car or use water. All I have been using is Dri Wash waterless car wash since I bought the car in June 2000. http://www.driwashsolutions.com/2008/prodinfo.html

I originally was using the Classic formula but switched last summer to the new Ultra-Ion because that's all the local guy stocks now. At first I didn't like the new stuff. Didn't seem to be the same after one coat. But after a few coats of it a week later, it's the slickest stuff I have used. When I'm done cleaning, I can drop a terry cloth on the trunk and it slides right off and onto the ground. I once tried some good Meguiar's wax on the fender and the Dri Wash on the door. Running the back of my hand along both panels, the Dri Wash was noticeably smoother. Between cleanings, I'll sometimes just use a California Car Show Duster on it. I can have the car Dri Washed and ready to go in 15 to 20 minutes compared to washing, shammy the car off and then waxing. I stick with what works for me. :thumbup: :headbang:

Wylde1.

Hey Wylde what night is the cruise night in Kanata the duster hopefully done this summer maybe pull in beside you

Attachments

• car & truck.JPG
    172.3 KB · Views: 318
Hey Wylde what night is the cruise night in Kanata the duster hopefully done this summer maybe pull in beside you

Last year the cruise nights were:
Kanata on Tuesday night.
Rideau Carleton Raceway on Wednesday Night with 400 to 600 cars. I have yet to make it here.
Lincoln heights Mall on Thursday night. Just started last year. Very small. Hasn't taken off yet.
Friday and Saturday nights a few of the Mopar people usually hang out at Carling and Woodroffe in the EasyHome lot ( see pics ) to get away from the ricers at Merivale and Meadowlands. Would be nice to get some A-bodies together this summer.
Canadian Tire at Bank and Heron on Sunday night.

Wylde1.

Attachments

• IMAG0043.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 299
  • IMAG0045.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 302
  • IMAG0046.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 320
Previous owner completely removed the hinge assembly when he and his brother did the mini-tubs. The trunk is steel with most of the inner bracing removed. The inner bracing that remains is where the pins are. It's a real PITA removing the lid by myself. A few years ago I bought a hinge assembly from a member in BC that was scrapping a Duster. I haven't put them in yet because I'll need a new trunk lid and I'd prefer one in steel from AMD. Then I still have to cut off the pins and weld up the holes without weld splatter burning the paint on the 1/4 panels.

Wylde1.

Is removing the hinges a must for the mini tub. I was thinking it would be a PITA to remove. Looks great either way!

Hey wylde1 do people still cruise Carling ave . Many moons ago (late 70s)the city use to
run water trucks up and down Carling to try and keep us from racing . Use to
be lots of mopars crushing chevys and fords back then. LOL

Graham, tuesday nights in Rocland is getting better, just another option. I prefer Hazeldean, but can't stand the traffic from the East end.
Rumors are out about somedody trying to get Orleans going again......without bikes

Dude, your car just kicks a$$, I never get tired of seeing it.
Somehow though, when I read the thread title I was expecting to see a Kelly Bundy clone hanging off the fender....

Looks mean Wylde ! I like it !

Side note: Does the Demon have the most bad *** tail lights ever created ?
I think so.

Is removing the hinges a must for the mini tub. I was thinking it would be a PITA to remove. Looks great either way!

No it's not. Most mini-tubs just split the wheelhouse and move it in 3" and a strip of metal welded in. The hinge support can then be re-attached. On my car the whole wheelhouse was removed and an aftermarket tub installed. The hinge assembly got tossed in the process. I believe the two brothers who built the car were only going to race it and not drive it on the street. Hence the pins. :thumbdow: :banghead:

Wylde1.

Hey wylde1 do people still cruise Carling ave . Many moons ago (late 70s)the city use to
run water trucks up and down Carling to try and keep us from racing . Use to be lots of mopars crushing chevys and fords back then. LOL

LOL Do I remember those days. In the heat of summer in the middle of a drought, the geniuses city hall would send out water trucks to hose down Carling Avenue so we couldn't cruise or :burnout: Well they don't hose down Carling Avenue anymore but city hall isn't much smarter these days. :angry7:

Wylde1.

Graham, tuesday nights in Rocland is getting better, just another option. I prefer Hazeldean, but can't stand the traffic from the East end.
Rumors are out about somedody trying to get Orleans going again......without bikes

That might be a venue for me to try. The Demon is kept in the east end off Coventry. I usually go get it before rush hour @ 3:00pm, bring it home to my apartment in the west, let it cool down and then head to Kanata @ 6:00pm. I need to get out more this summer for sure. :thumbup: :headbang:

Wylde1.

Dude, your car just kicks a$$, I never get tired of seeing it.
Somehow though, when I read the thread title I was expecting to see a Kelly Bundy clone hanging off the fender....

I wish I could share your enthusiasm for my car. Honestly it does nothing for me. Maybe if it wasn't such a sweatbox in summer or rode like a lumber wagon. :dontknow: My back is getting worse and crawling over the monkey bars is getting old real quick ( like me ). So I'm looking for a bigger cruiser like a '69 or '71 Charger with a/c.

When the Kelly Bundy clone is hanging off the fender, I'm sure I'll only be able to post it in the blue room. :blob: :prayer: :tongue9: :headbang: :thumbup:

Wylde1.

-
Back