Status
Not open for further replies.

2kids

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Here are my bucket seats.

I thought I'd post some pics of my repair work and the finished product...including the tracks I got with them. I'm pretty sure I have the wrong/incomplete tracks (I think they might be from a roadrunner??) any clarification on what year my seats are and what tracks I actually have would be appreciated.

I scored some nice seats that at first I thought I would have to just re-cover since the drivers seat had so many tears on the seat half. Instead I decided to give a repair job a try first and I am very happy with the results.

I forgot to get good pictures of the seats (duh!) before repairing them but there were 3 big tears front to back and a large side to side tear where the seat meets the top portion.

You can see the bulk of my repair in this first photo.

Here's the repair tape I used, really nice stuff! It stretches like vinyl and holds really well - I say worth a shot!

Here are a couple more photos of the places I taped

this was the passenger side bottom

Attachments

• DSC01171 (640x480).jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 438
oh crap - no I'm not selling these my bad

I'll try to see how to remove the thread and start over, sorry mods!

Here you can see some more of the repair work on the side of the bottom and top portion of the seat

Attachments

• DSC01172 (640x480).jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 405
  • DSC01173 (640x480).jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 428
I am familiar with the vinyl spray paint made by rustoleum and test sprayed some of the tape before I even started the repair. I was worried it would not adhere well but it did!

So I cleaned the heck out of the seats for the third time and painted them!

(I used a different paint for the hard plastic backs - Krylon fusion plastic paint)

Attachments

• DSC00327 (640x480).jpg
    57 KB · Views: 404
  • DSC00328 (640x480).jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 421
And here are the seat tracks I got with them - like I said I don't think these tracks go with the seats.....

Attachments

• DSC00326 (640x480).jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 405
If anyone can help me clarify the seat years and model that would be great, I think they are correct for my 71 Dart but they might be 72? and the seat tracks?

Again I'm not selling these and have asked the mods to move the thread to Body/Interior/Trim

Thanks!

Man, if I was to put my fat sweaty butt on that seat it would look pretty bad pretty quick with that dye coming off and the tape rolling up on the edges. Hope you have a delicate touch when you are copping a squat!!!

Man, if I was to put my fat sweaty butt on that seat it would look pretty bad pretty quick with that dye coming off and the tape rolling up on the edges. Hope you have a delicate touch when you are copping a squat!!!

Have you used the tear-aid tape before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back