My car at yesterdays show

-

kikgas01

Reaction score
It was funny. There was people all around my car most of the day checking it out telling me how cool it was. The guy behind me in his 56 Chevy kept starting it and revving it up when there was 10 people at any given time around my car
003-27.jpg

001-29.jpg

009-17.jpg

This is what what my sign said on each back window. It ran perfect on the trip yesterday and put quite a few miles on it.

That's hilarious about the Chevy guy desperately trying to draw attention to his belly button car when it's being ignored by everyone checking out an unrestored Mopar.
It's worth keeping the Duster unrestored just for that reason...

Thanks! The pics was when I was leaving the show. Oh of course I had to start it and let it warm up for 10 minutes or so. The guy behind me got out of his chair and sat in his 56 bitching how bad mine stinks like old gas when it was "warming up." It was great!

The strange thing is it may have not got as much attention if it was restored. Just some thing about an original shape Mopar that gets Peoples attention.

I love survivor cars. The Chebby guys sounds like a real d*nk.

An unrestored car is a great find!! The jerk in the Chevy was jealous, sounds like you had some fun. 56 Chevies are a dime a dozen, you always see plenty at car shows. On the other hand a car like yours, is seldom seen.

Glad you were successful at irritating that jerk!!

They didn`t hold air for any longer than 10 minutes so I put the snow tires on it that I got with it. Actually, I think it had a snow tire on one side and a rally on the other and one it the trunk and the original spare I think. I will have to look at the pics again from when I picked it up....Heck the snow tires that come with it will be great this winter with the suregrip rearend.:toothy10: They are ollllddd G-70 14`s lol.(just to clarify, I`m joking about driving it in the winter)

You just hosed it off and it was perfect. The mis-matched wheels and the snow meats just add to the fact it truly was a barn find. It attracted lots of attention and comments. If you could have registered it it might have got a trophy. I heard lots of comments about voting for it. For this summer I would leave it just as it is. That little tune up you did to it made her run sweet even though the old gas makes it smell. Too bad for the Chevy guy! LOL

Attachments

• car show 016.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 843
  • car show 025.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 851
  • car show 026.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 859
  • car show 023.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 829
Great thread, Looks like your having a blast with it already!.I was thining of running some seafoam thru my carb, did it help? Also is the tire pressure/size decal on the driver's side door jamb above the striker? Thanks, always looking for survivor, original cars to see the little details.Good luck with it!

love the snow tires.lol,bet the 340 sounds better than the chevy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The guy behind me in his 56 Chevy kept starting it and revving it up when there was 10 people at any given time around my car

this made me laugh.

Very cool find....I too dig the snow tires. My '65 Dart also has some on, LOL.

Haha, your car is sweet. There is really something about an unrestored roughed mopar that hits my softspot. Now you see why I like my Dart 8)

Very cool, not many left like that! I love it when I go to show's and there are like 30 of each model chebby there, and Im one of maybe 2 Dart's, or Dusters, people usually flock to the Mopar's. The chebby guy's get jealous real easy, I think it's funny as hell, when there stupid chevelle's and camaros don't get all the attention!

-
Back