My combo is always changing !

-

Retroboy

Reaction score
Hi All. I have just bought a cheap procomp hirise intake. Looks pretty nice but will need some massaging to get the ports to line up nicely. I have a stock stroke 360 with KB190 pistons, a small solid roller- XR280R from Comp Cams, j heads, and a simple Vertex mag. Up top I have a choice of Holley 750 DP Alcohol carb that I run with an Enderle 80A belt drive pump or Toilet injection. Simple as can be and a bunch of punch. Looking forward to trying this intake out. This is in a slingshot dragster. No over weight door car for me !
20191028_232640.jpg

NICE! looking forward to the build and hear how you're doing. reminds me of the old econo rails.

20191030_105210.jpg
20191030_105224.jpg
20191030_105200.jpg
For those asking. The only issue and if you're an open the box and run it guy it will be a biggie is port alignment. They are small 318 size and that will allow correction to the alignment with a die grinder or millimg machine. I know you shouldn't have to but ya get what you pay for. In my situation I have to shorten the injector bosses for my screw on nozzles and I expect to have to trim the sides of the bosses up to give clearance to the valve covers. The casting quality is good. I have used numerous "brand name" intakes in the past with various degrees of core shift and alignment problems so while this does need some work it's better than I would have thought for the price.

-
Back