My cousin was killed in an accident last night

-
Condoleanses and prayers sent.

I was a volunteer firefighter for 3,5 years and it feels bad when an old brother has given his life. My thoughts goes to his wife, his kid and his family.

My cousin, Mark Haudenschild, was a volunteer fire fighter in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Last night while responding to a brush fire, the tanker truck he was driving rolled, he was ejected and was pinned under the truck. He was killed at the scene. He was 26 years old and leaves a wife, a 3 year son and a 1 year old daughter. The entire family is in shock to say the least.

I saw it on TV last night and it was in today's Ft. Wayne newspaper. Too bad.

Benji

Thank you everyone for your prayers in this time of need. It is hard to believe, a stupid accident and a tragic outcome. Mark is actually my cousin by marriage and when I came into the family he was a typical teenager, riding bikes, chasing girls and waiting to get his drivers license. He moved to Indiana about 5 years ago, met Janet and got married. They were blessed with two beautiful children and had a super bright future. What a shame.

Very sorry for your family's loss John. People don't always recognize that Firefighters lay down their lives at a moments notice for anyone, often without thanks.

Very sorry for your family's loss John. People don't always recognize that Firefighters lay down their lives at a moments notice for anyone, often without thanks.
yes- to lose your life helping others is the ultimate sacrifice-it's people like this who are the real heroes.

My sympathies as well.

So sorry to hear that sad news. Prayers sent for Marks family and friends.

So sorry for you and the family's loss. I wish I had some great words of wisdom that would inspire and lift your spirits but I'm at a loss.

-
Back