My custom lower fender braces

-

younggun2.0

Reaction score
my lower fender braces were in pretty sad shape. i was missing one and the other was bent pretty good. that and they were heavy steel. so i decided to over engineer a set. lol. I used 3/8" round bar aluminum and 1/4" aluminum rod ends. now they look cool and are half the weigh. the rod ends were $2.50 ea. and the aluminum was $5 so for 20 bucks and about 3 beers i got them done.

Time well spent :drinkers: and enjoying your MoPar :hello2: Looks great :cheers:

Wow, my folding the ends on some aluminum tubing and drilling holes at the appropriate distance seems woefully underweight and simple, now.

Wow, my folding the ends on some aluminum tubing and drilling holes at the appropriate distance seems woefully underweight and simple, now.

if it works then it works. I just like building stuff. these are all aluminum and dont weight anything. i just like the look of them. they look kinda race car-ish.

That is also way I like them. I always wanted to build a car that looks like a high dollar drag car but have it be a street car. I love the look of the 1970's Super Stock drag cars!!

I got the parts on order to build a set for 1968dartman. i will post pics of the assembly process when i get the rod ends. i love doing this stuff.

Damn those are Sweeeeeet. I was missing one and just took a piece of round scrap I had laying around, measured once, cut twice. Then flattened the ends and drilled a hole, rattle canned it black..

I had mine re-plated and had every intension to use them once the car gets painted until I saw yours, hope you don't mind but I just may have to copy your cool idea. Good Job, way to think outside the box.

The rod ends I used on mine were a clearance item and I got them dirt cheap. I have three guys that want them. I have no problem making some for members but they will cost slightly more. I can do $45 shipped in the US. I will return the PM 's that were sent to me tomorrow.

I had mine re-plated and had every intension to use them once the car gets painted until I saw yours, hope you don't mind but I just may have to copy your cool idea. Good Job, way to think outside the box.

Go for it bro. Your car is sick. Having my idea used on your ride is a compliment.

-
Back