My Dads Challenger Got Overhauled!

-
Goody! Where in Central Florida? I 'd love to see the car. It looks Great! Though, I'm not a great fan of the paint job colors. (to each his own) BTW, I hope they put A/C in that car, a black roof in FL adds up to more heat than you want.

Good luck with it! :toothy7:

Lake Mary area. And no a/c. I've been through SE virginia summers and vegas 113* summers in my cuda. aint no thang lol.

Goody, there is always a story behind the deserving owner, in this case your dad. What's the story and by the way the car is cool.

Very cool and congrats.....While I am on the wagon that I would be pissed if my car was Fooseified it's not my car and I thinks it great if that is the style your dad likes. Congrats. I for one don't like the big rim thin tire look.....everything else he does I'm okay with....sometimes the paint it cool sometimes not. That car woul dlook even better with som 15 or 16" torque thrusts IMO......but like I said congrats and I'll be watching.

rumblefish360 said:
My wife tried to do that to me. The one stipulation was a running car. Which mine is not. I told her I was glad she didn't. She asked why and I said I think this guy butchers the car for a look I would never drive.
Seriously, If this was done to me, I would sell the car and more than likely look for lawerys. 1 divorce.

I think they look good, just not with me in it or owning it.
I'll take my car just the way it is and fix it or screw it up myself. If I need help, I'll beg borrow or take a loan out for it to deliver it to a shop.

Goody, I hope your dad loves it. You did a sneaky thing. :thumbup:
If my son stoled my Cuda and had it restored, I'd hug him in half.
If he foosed it, I'd have him scrape it all off and restore it.

Now you are just being silly. None of your cars are worth a minimum of $125K! I would be happy to let them overhaul my car, then I would sell it and buy several Mopars I want!

I believe the way it works is that you will receive a 1090 at the end of the year for the costs involved performing the overhaul. You will then have to claim this amount (what ever it is) on your taxes. So in actuality most people will need to take out a loan to pay the federal taxes incurred which could very easily be 15 to 25 percent of say $45,000? I think that is the way it works so if you were not expecting the overhaul you will pay Uncle Sam next year whether or not you liked the resto. mod. or not. Still a cheap price....

rumblefish360 said:
My wife tried to do that to me. The one stipulation was a running car. Which mine is not. I told her I was glad she didn't. She asked why and I said I think this guy butchers the car for a look I would never drive.
Seriously, If this was done to me, I would sell the car and more than likely look for lawerys. 1 divorce.

I think they look good, just not with me in it or owning it.
I'll take my car just the way it is and fix it or screw it up myself. If I need help, I'll beg borrow or take a loan out for it to deliver it to a shop.

Goody, I hope your dad loves it. You did a sneaky thing. :thumbup:
If my son stoled my Cuda and had it restored, I'd hug him in half.
If he foosed it, I'd have him scrape it all off and restore it.

I agree, I'd be beyond whizzed if my wife did that to my car. I'm the original owner and don't want it changed into a "ricer" look alike. I personally think he should stay with Japanese cars because he has the "ricer look" down. IMHO MOPARS do not look good with 20" or larger gang banger rims and non traditional paint jobs.

I see a couple of Foose jobs every now and then, a couple of cars done by him come to a Friday night hangout, and, they are well done, but not anything that a lot of people like, that aren't into the "ricer" look.

Did John in South Bay build the Hemi?

GoodysGotaCuda said:
45,000? absolutely not, try about an 8th of that or so...

The guy that brings his Chevy to the Friday night gathering told me that Foose went 150k over the original estimate. You may be pleasantly, probably unpleasantly surprised at what is reported to the IRS.

Well there you are getting your *** chewed out for leaving the garage door open! Lol! You`re playing that well. Nice present for your Dad, Mike. Do you think your Dad ever had a clue he was getting overhauled?

I have to say they did a n awesome job on your dads car. Just saw the last part of the show. Wished i had seen all of it now. I wish they would do my Dart. they do some awesome work. Thumbs up to you.

I gotta say Mike, except for the silver and black paint (Which im not a great fan of.. can we say repetitive here for Foose?) The car looks MUCH nicer than the photo you posted earlier. I hope I can check it out one day.

Here's the question(s) I got ... What happened to that baby blue Duster in the garage after the challenger was "stolen" That looked like a nice rust free granny driver car...

I noticed the door handles were shaved, how does that work? FYI, I'm pretty sure most racetracks want outside door handles for safety. I actually put doors with handles on my car after shaving them n reading the NHRA Rule book.

Who's idea was it to engrave the tires? Now ya gotta store those, and get another set... So dad can light em up :wav:

Hope you all had a safe trip to Florida! Welcome Neighbors !

Eric_S68 said:
I gotta say Mike, except for the silver and black paint (Which im not a great fan of.. can we say repetitive here for Foose?) The car looks MUCH nicer than the photo you posted earlier. I hope I can check it out one day.

Here's the question(s) I got ... What happened to that baby blue Duster in the garage after the challenger was "stolen" That looked like a nice rust free granny driver car...

I noticed the door handles were shaved, how does that work? FYI, I'm pretty sure most racetracks want outside door handles for safety. I actually put doors with handles on my car after shaving them n reading the NHRA Rule book.

Who's idea was it to engrave the tires? Now ya gotta store those, and get another set... So dad can light em up :wav:

Hope you all had a safe trip to Florida! Welcome Neighbors !

Never said the pictures did it justice. That was my old duster. And i'm pretty sure we dont care a whole lot about if a race track wants his $100k? challenger to run down the track as fast as it can go with 525hp if you get where im goin lol. And they engraved A tire, it is not street legal so they wont just put engraved tires on it and send you on your way. there is a set of dot BFGs on there.

-Mike

Man your dad sounded pissed when you told him you lost it racing your Cuda. How bad was he really going off on you at home. I could tell you weren't all with the silver. I would have rather not had it on the car either. It still turned out great. About the only thing I don't care for on the car was the wheels and tires. But damn it is a great looking car. I am happy for your dad he seemed to really love it.

Great job on the chally, great show. Your dad is lucky to have a son like you. By the way, did they actually put that 727 in that the guy built blindfolded? How much converter? How about gears in the rear? You have to let us know what it does in the quarter if you ever have a chance to run it. Waaaay coo, Mike!

Nah the blind-folded built 727 wasnt used. Converter i think is like 2500 or so? not much, but that damn motor doesnt seem to care lol. It is a 3.55sg with a gear vendors overdrive.

Man, that hemi sounded wicked! I also liked the indoor burnout at the end. Congrats Goody! Must have been a fantastic experience.

I saw the show and you are a good sport (son) for taking the grief for a couple days. When they put the flack jacket on your Dad the look on his face was "priceless". Awesome car, enjoy it, life is too short. I think your Dad should bank roll a few bucks to get your Cuda fixed.

Great show Goody, And at SEMA!!! I sure am glad I wasn't in your shoes during the pranks. Was your dad onto the scam or was he totally suprised? Your dad looked like he was really happy with the car.
Great to see a son do something like that for their Dad. Merry Christmas and Hope your entire family has a great year in Florida.

mike i really enjoyed the show last night. the car is beautiful! you and your family are very nice. it was almost like meeting you and your family in person. i hope you and your dad have a lot of fun with the car and have a merry christmas! thanks for shareing this with us.... :thumbup:

Hey Mike. If your dad came home and you told him you lost his car racing now do you think that he would take it as well as he did the first time. I wouldn't want to be you then.

I seen the show to,good job Goody!:thumbup:
Your Dad's Challenger looked great, the only thing i didn't care for was the silver stripe Foose put on the roof.
You didn't look to happy with either when they showed you pulling the paper off the car.

-
Back