My Dads Challenger Got Overhauled!

-

GoodysGotaCuda

Mr. Goody
Reaction score
Just got finished today. We absolutely love it, should haul ***, turn on rails, stop on a dime and sip on gas on the freeway

100_1610.jpg

100_1616.jpg

100_1617.jpg

100_1620.jpg

100_1605.gif

100_1621.jpg

100_1610.jpg

100_1616.jpg

100_1617.jpg

100_1620.jpg

100_1605.gif

100_1621.jpg

392 hemi is the same thats in that drag race new challenger that is floating around. EFI, 525hp - 510 ft/lb

80mm Throttle body
Cast block, cross-bolted
4.055 bore x 3.795 stroke
CNC Ported Alum Two Plug heads
Stainless 2.100int 1.600 exh Valves
Beehive valve springs
29*/285* Hyd Roller cam, .584 int/.552exh lift
Forged slugs
10.5:1 cr
Forged Crank
Fordged I-beam Rods
Fully Balanced
TTI Headers

Bowler 727 - Gear Vendors OD

3.55 SG

Air-Ride suspension, Stock k-frame, tubular UCAs

Baer 13" rotors/system all around

Rediuclous Arc audio stereo

congrats! did you have any part in him getting "overhauled"?

daammnn! you guys are on a roll! can i have your lucky penny next?! seriously it looks great. when is it going to air?

DAMN!!!!!!!!! How many times I watch that show and wonder how it would feel to have my car "FOOSIFIED".

Congratulations to your Dad, and of course, WE NEED DETAILS!!!! When will it air, your involvement, etc....

Congrats. the car looks awsome. wish i could get them to do my Swinger.

it wont air for a few months is all they will tell me. i had my part in it from the application, to the pranks, a very good portion of it

FASTBACK340 said:
DAMN!!!!!!!!! How many times I watch that show and wonder how it would feel to have my car "FOOSIFIED".

My wife tried to do that to me. The one stipulation was a running car. Which mine is not. I told her I was glad she didn't. She asked why and I said I think this guy butchers the car for a look I would never drive.
Seriously, If this was done to me, I would sell the car and more than likely look for lawerys. 1 divorce.

I think they look good, just not with me in it or owning it.
I'll take my car just the way it is and fix it or screw it up myself. If I need help, I'll beg borrow or take a loan out for it to deliver it to a shop.

Goody, I hope your dad loves it. You did a sneaky thing. :thumbup:
If my son stoled my Cuda and had it restored, I'd hug him in half.
If he foosed it, I'd have him scrape it all off and restore it.

rumblefish360 said:
My wife tried to do that to me. The one stipulation was a running car. Which mine is not. I told her I was glad she didn't. She asked why and I said I think this guy butchers the car for a look I would never drive.
Seriously, If this was done to me, I would sell the car and more than likely look for lawerys. 1 divorce.

I think they look good, just not with me in it or owning it.
I'll take my car just the way it is and fix it or screw it up myself. If I need help, I'll beg borrow or take a loan out for it to deliver it to a shop.

Goody, I hope your dad loves it. You did a sneaky thing. :thumbup:
If my son stoled my Cuda and had it restored, I'd hug him in half.
If he foosed it, I'd have him scrape it all off and restore it.

Not sure why you are really comparing this show then. NOTHING gets restored...your talkin about the wrong show bubba. You want a killer driving car with the best stuff you can put on/in it (aka screw factory stuff) you get 'overhauled'! :headbang: lol

GoodysGotaCuda said:
Not sure why you are really comparing this show then. NOTHING gets restored...your talkin about the wrong show bubba. You want a killer driving car with the best stuff you can put on/in it (aka screw factory stuff) you get 'overhauled'! :headbang: lol
Oh no, not comparing. I think it's a wonderful thing if you like what he does.
I'm just saying that for me, it would be a capitol offense and a divorceable item.
(Bubba...LOL!)
In doing such work, for me, key words, for me, is not for me.
If your wondering what I think about the car in general, he does wonderful work. But (Key words again) not for me.
Would I mind owning such a car? Yes, it would be a problem. But, thats me.

Also, a note, this car Foose did for your Dad is not typical of what I see. (Key word again, "I")
Goody, let me tell you straight out so theres no mistake. It looks great.
Other Foose creations I have not liked at all.

Nice! The work looks top notch. Beats the hell out of the crap they do on MTV. But then again the Challenger is a great platform.

so i have to wonder.. how does this all work and how does it get paid for????
is thie whole thing a donation type deal?

is the car appraised, do they tell you how much it costs to build a car that beautiful.. i want a god dang HEMI now!!!!! not that i didnt always i guess :)

-Cerwin

ibleedmoparts said:
wow....wish i was overhauled

an easy way to get overhauled i hear is make fun of a black guys mom..

he'll over haul you for free!!!

(side note.. My step fathers black, so im allowed to say that! Without getting overhauled.)

That's very sharp looking vehicle Mike, Quite the family of MOPARS. I would think that the cost for something that cool done by (O-Haul) is paid by advertisments and the product parts companies that deal with O-Haul. Also, I have noticed that more guys these days are changing into the "new" trend of low profile wheels & tires even on "muscle" cars. Quite the eye catcher! :headbang: (Still waiting for my 6/49)

GoodysGotaCuda said:
it wont air for a few months is all they will tell me. i had my part in it from the application, to the pranks, a very good portion of it

Does this mean we're gonna see you on the show? VERY cool....

For how long have you been sitting on this info? How far in advance do they let you know? Is AJ as hot, and dopey...as she appears on TV? Is Chip as cool as he comes across on TV? Is Chris cool, or a douchbag? I'm on the fence with him....

DETAILS MAN! :wav:

Way to go, Goody!!

Sip gas? Not likely...not with a 392 in there (no MDS):shaking2:

I like the style, I'm just not a fan of big rims on old cars. 17" is about my limit, but I do like the style.

You can look it up on the web site, what it costs and who's responsible for said costs. Here is the disclaimer from the OverHaulin web site for those that have their vehicles stolen/butchered/overhauled or whatever you want to call it.

"Disclaimer: Applicant agrees to pay all federal, state, and local taxes, including income, use or sales taxes or any other governmental charges imposed on prizes, including the value of any goods or services received and cash gifts, if any, given to you or received by you by reason of your participation in the program and you release and indemnify producer from any liability therefore. You also authorize producer to deduct or withhold any such taxes or charges that require a payment prior to delivery of said prizes, cash or gifts."

So, what DID it cost?

I agree with rumblefish360, I would be arrested because I would beat, whomever was involved, to near death, if this was done to my vehicle and I also consider this a divorce worthy offense. Not because I don't like Foose's work, because my car is a reflection of ME, not Chip Foose the car artist. He may well be trying to do what "he" thinks the owner would want, but when you leave the owner out of the equation it is no longer the owners "vision".

That said, your dads car does look good, and it is another Foose artwork masterpiece. So now, how does it feel to have a car that needs to be/should be in a glass case and not driven anymore?

I also am with superdart, I don't care for the huge rims with rubber bands wrapped around them. Just dosn't work for me or look right to me, but to each their own. That is really Chips main income source, cutom wheels, so you know that will always be a signature of a foos'ed mobiles.

One last thing, what is with the fluid under the front of the car, it can be seen in the second and third pictures? A basicly brand new car puking up fluid right away??? What up?

FASTBACK340 said:
Does this mean we're gonna see you on the show? VERY cool....

For how long have you been sitting on this info? How far in advance do they let you know? Is AJ as hot, and dopey...as she appears on TV? Is Chip as cool as he comes across on TV? Is Chris cool, or a douchbag? I'm on the fence with him....

DETAILS MAN! :wav:
"

Yes ill be on the show a lot. Been on this info for about four months. AJ is hot, and not really too 'dopey'. Chip is a very cool guy. Chris is a cool guy as well.

Way to go, Goody!!

Sip gas? Not likely...not with a 392 in there (no MDS)

I like the style, I'm just not a fan of big rims on old cars. 17" is about my limit, but I do like the style."

Sip gas? for 525hp i think estimated high teens/20ish is very good for a hi-po motor given the overdrive and such is what i'd consider 'sipping gas' for 525hp on tap. :headbang:

-
Back