My Dart Swinger Project!

-
Corbin clamp pliers. SUCKS without them. Lol
I got tired of shooting them across the shop.
Then I loaned my pliers out, didn't get em back and just
quit using the damn things.
Yea I hate the damn things the only reason I used them is because I wanted it to look correct. I didn't use them on the under side radiator hoses or the fuel/trans lines. I couldn't get them on the lower radiator hoses I just gave up aint nobody gonna see them anyway.

Did the 2001 Dodge Ram manifolds fit without modifying them? Do you have the exhaust pipes hooked to them?
Yes they fit with no modification. They will not work with the factory shifter or a manual transmission zbar. I had gutted all that when I went to the hurst shifter. I don't have the downpipe on yet because I got the bolts to long and I haven't been out to get them yet. Lol but here are some pics of the understand and down pipe fitment.

20201213_153001.jpg

20201213_153006.jpg

20201213_153012.jpg

20201213_153028.jpg

20201213_153033.jpg

20201213_153038.jpg

20201213_153607.jpg

20201213_153624.jpg

20201213_153626.jpg

20201213_153634.jpg

Corbin clamp pliers. SUCKS without them. Lol
I got tired of shooting them across the shop.
Then I loaned my pliers out, didn't get em back and just
quit using the damn things.
Heck I just looked them up if that's all they are i can makes some of them lol

Screenshot_20201217-220114_eBay.jpg

Beautiful!!! You should have a youtube channel. I would bet by what I know about you that you probably have a charismatic attitude and would be entertaining.

Don't forget the little people when you go places :)

@Jadaharabi imo I think they look so much better that headers and they are so much easier to install. The only thing I had to do differently was remove the outside studs in the heads the mag manifolds are thicker and the factory studs are to short. I just used grade 8 bolts in all holes didn't even bother with studs. I think they look really good and gives it that factory original appearance im going for. I don't think there will be to many people out there that will ever notice they are late model manifolds lol

Beautiful!!! You should have a youtube channel. I would bet by what I know about you that you probably have a charismatic attitude and would be entertaining.

I started one and made a few videos and never did anymore lol I am gonna video the break in so stay tuned!

Its kinda funny because I have always hated dealing with brakes and it seems like they are what always give me trouble! Lol the proportion block the lines are stuck which makes no sense because all that stuff is brand new. And there is a bunch of leaks coming from it too. The master was leaking around the lines looks like I got them fixed the rear drivers is leaking I fixed it but its still leaking. I may pull it all off reflare all of it and try again. I'm pretty sure it's a bad flare because its leaking between the line and fitting. Not the threads

When I replaced my entire brake system I had a new set of lines from inline and I still had leaks everywhere. I didn't realize how tight they had to be. You're really coming along this is going to be a great Dart. Congrats!

When I replaced my entire brake system I had a new set of lines from inline and I still had leaks everywhere. I didn't realize how tight they had to be. You're really coming along this is going to be a great Dart. Congrats!
Im gonna reflare them all and try again. Hopefully that will solve the leaks i think im gonna replace the proportion valve too because its Leaking too lol.

Quick update. I haven't gotten much of anything else done last week it was raining and nasty and I took off a couple days and just spent some time with the wife and kids for Christmas. I have really enjoyed being lazy lol now I gotta get back at it. I gotta finish hooking everything up and get it broke in hopefully next week. The way 2020 has been im gonna wait till after the new year to break it in hahaha

Most of my leaks were at the distribution valve body as well as at the wheel cylinders.
My proportion valve or whatever its called is leaking on the top where the threaded part goes on to the solid body i think there is a oring seal there i may have missed or messed up putting it back together

Did you double flare the lines, or single? I gotta dig my flaring tools out to fix a rusty and leaking brake line on the wifes Dakota. I'll have to find a nut to use on the clamp that holds the lines while you're flaring them. It had a big wing nut on it....and like about everybody else that has had one, I broke the wing off the nut with a screwdriver trying to get it just a liiiiiiitle bit tighter! :BangHead:

Did you double flare the lines, or single? I gotta dig my flaring tools out to fix a rusty and leaking brake line on the wifes Dakota. I'll have to find a nut to use on the clamp that holds the lines while you're flaring them. It had a big wing nut on it....and like about everybody else that has had one, I broke the wing off the nut with a screwdriver trying to get it just a liiiiiiitle bit tighter! :BangHead:
I did a single flare and there leaking so I'm gonna go back and redo them with double flares. I had to buy a new flare kit to get the double flare disks because the kit i have had did come with them. I did some practice double flares with me new tool and they look really good im positive that is the problem. It's really gonna suck trying to reflare them on the car tho lol. The smaller lines I will just take off and redo the longer lines that are weaved thru im gonna flare where they are, or try to at least.

Here is a link to my YouTube channel I don't have alot of videos yet but I plan on making more. Believe it or not I am very camera shy lol it is something I want to do tho. I wish I would have started sooner and made more videos of the process on my car!
https://youtube.com/user/72cudadude

Here is a link to my YouTube channel I don't have alot of videos yet but I plan on making more. Believe it or not I am very camera shy lol it is something I want to do tho. I wish I would have started sooner and made more videos of the process on my car!
https://youtube.com/user/72cudadude
Your not the only one camera shy, I don’t do many pictures of myself either. Even hearing myself talk on video I need to mute it. :lol:

Your not the only one camera shy, I don’t do many pictures of myself either. Even hearing myself talk on video I need to mute it. :lol:
I don't mind pictures too much i just get really nervous recording. But I agree I hate hearing myself talk its so weird I sound nothing like I do to myself haha

I think it's very common.. I keep that in mind as I completely cringe when I hear my voice on a recording.
Its weird because I sound so country on video! I don't hear it when I talk. Every time I watch a video of myself I think omg I sound so annoying I bet everyone hates me lol

Its weird because I sound so country on video! I don't hear it when I talk. Every time I watch a video of myself I think omg I sound so annoying I bet everyone hates me lol
Sorry I had to hit the old disagree button...
Anybody who hates you is somebody I don't want to know...

I was commissioned to make professional training videos over a decade ago. I found that by actually watching the footage, I noticed little things I did and said that didn't look professional. I practiced in front of the mirror to improve.

My wife & I were in Cancun on vacation and a young 20 something approached me and asked, "Are you the guy in the videos?" I guess a couple folks actually watched them.

I was commissioned to make professional training videos over a decade ago. I found that by actually watching the footage, I noticed little things I did and said that didn't look professional. I practiced in front of the mirror to improve.

My wife & I were in Cancun on vacation and a young 20 something approached me and asked, "Are you the guy in the videos?" I guess a couple folks actually watched them.
Thats pretty cool.

-
Back