My Dart Swinger Project!

-
Ok update time. Getting alot of the little stuff knocked out. Fuel lines done, speedo cable done, wiring for the most part done. Im having some ground issues I believe I can't get the dash lights to work or the wiper motor to work. But I have head lights taillights side markers and dome light! No blinkers. And my horn don't work! Lol but Most importantly I have crankage. I got 10 gallons in the fuel tank and im not getting anything on the fuel gauge. I think it has to be a ground because I tested the sending unit and it was fine. Started putting the body panels on today in having a horrible time lining them up I haven't got all the bolts tight yet but it's nowhere near close! But it looks like a car again and I'm loving it!!

20210104_125333.jpg

20210104_125339.jpg

20210104_134513.jpg

20210104_134524.jpg

20210104_134534.jpg

20210104_134543.jpg

20210104_134559.jpg

20210104_165003.jpg

20210104_170423.jpg

20210104_170431.jpg

Woohoo!.. make sure you have power at the positive of the coil when you turn the key to the on position..

And you're doing this in January! Either you're enjoying a warm spell, or you are super dedicated to gettin' 'er dun.

And you're doing this in January! Either you're enjoying a warm spell, or you are super dedicated to gettin' 'er dun.
Little bit of both yesterday was nice today was cold but not too bad! It was around 40 degrees but sunny and no wind. Yesterday was in the 50s

Remember Boss these weren't BMWs LOL.. The body lines tend to be a little fat and not perfect...
Yea it don't have to be perfect this go around im gonna have to redo it again anyway when I start body work. Iv found alot of issues that's gonna have to be fixed when I start body work lol

Its still kinda crazy to me how far iv came with this thing. Here is a before and after of the dash. I haven't finished the cluster but still its so much better lol idk why but im just thrilled that the dome light worked lol

20181017_183612-2.jpg

20201213_181954.jpg

20210103_170034.jpg

Chipping away at the little stuff. I found some issues I gotta fix. I got a fuel leak around the sending unit. I put a new gasket and new lock on it but it is leaking. The sending unit isn't working I tested the gauge it is good! Got taillights, brake lights, and reverse lights now but still no signal lights. Not sure what's up with that. Still no wipers either. I did get the new shifter cable installed and the speedo gear is set I just gotta fill the trans with atf. I'm getting closer to firing this thing off.

20210112_172949.jpg

20210112_173012.jpg

Chipping away at the little stuff. I found some issues I gotta fix. I got a fuel leak around the sending unit. I put a new gasket and new lock on it but it is leaking. The sending unit isn't working I tested the gauge it is good! Got taillights, brake lights, and reverse lights now but still no signal lights. Not sure what's up with that. Still no wipers either. I did get the new shifter cable installed and the speedo gear is set I just gotta fill the trans with atf. I'm getting closer to firing this thing off.

View attachment 1715669093

View attachment 1715669094
Oh hell yea!!!!!

Check to make sure your fender top signal indicators are plugged in under the fenders, and plug your headlight bulbs in. Don't know if the headlights will prevent the turn signals from working, but it's worth a shot. Also, if your negative battery cable has the pigtail that bolts to the radiator support, that shiny new paint may be preventing the grounds from making connection. Check to see if you have both high and low beams when you plug in the headlights, to rule out that the dimmer switch may have sat there and gone bad, and last but not least....check to see if the blinker is bad or got robbed from under the dash when you weren't looking! :eek: Keep a plugging, and before long, as @HemiDenny says....it will go WOOMPA!!! :D

Check to make sure your fender top signal indicators are plugged in under the fenders, and plug your headlight bulbs in. Don't know if the headlights will prevent the turn signals from working, but it's worth a shot. Also, if your negative battery cable has the pigtail that bolts to the radiator support, that shiny new paint may be preventing the grounds from making connection. Check to see if you have both high and low beams when you plug in the headlights, to rule out that the dimmer switch may have sat there and gone bad, and last but not least....check to see if the blinker is bad or got robbed from under the dash when you weren't looking! :eek: Keep a plugging, and before long, as @HemiDenny says....it will go WOOMPA!!! :D
The fender indacaters are plugged in I checked that one. I only have one headlight hooked up for testing purposes I didn't even think about that I will plug the other side up. I did take and sand around the hole all the way to the bare metal on my new shiny paint (that hurt a lot im not gonna lie) I got the one from the battery and the one from the harness mounted there at the rad support am I missing another ground or is there only 2? I checked the blinker and it's there and it's clicking with the Hazzards, it may be a little low on fluid but I'm assuming since it's clicking its good! Hahaha here is my ground connection let me know if you think I missed something

20210111_165752.jpg

20210111_165756.jpg

20210111_165803.jpg

20210111_165813.jpg

Since you shined all those grounds up under the hood, they should be good. I can't remember if an A body as late as yours has separate flashers for emergency and turn signals. Did you have the dash frame out? I can't remember. When I remove a dash frame to paint it and door jambs, I always sand a place to bare metal on both the door jamb area and the dash frame, where the bottom mounts of the frame bolt up at the door jamb, I use some of that dielectric grease like you put on battery terminals at those points so they make a good ground connection and don't corrode. Chasing electrical demons in a car is a pain in the butt, and all of the stuff I've mentioned I learned the hard way over the years. :BangHead: LOL

Since you shined all those grounds up under the hood, they should be good. I can't remember if an A body as late as yours has separate flashers for emergency and turn signals. Did you have the dash frame out? I can't remember. When I remove a dash frame to paint it and door jambs, I always sand a place to bare metal on both the door jamb area and the dash frame, where the bottom mounts of the frame bolt up at the door jamb, I use some of that dielectric grease like you put on battery terminals at those points so they make a good ground connection and don't corrode. Chasing electrical demons in a car is a pain in the butt, and all of the stuff I've mentioned I learned the hard way over the years. :BangHead: LOL
I didn't take the dash frame out, just the pad and trim. I will look and see if there is separate flashers. I'm finally off Monday so hopefully I can get back to working on it. I'm gonna try to get the break in done on Tuesday the weather is supposed to be nice.

Yes there are two flashers. One for the turn signals. One for the emergency flashers.

I'm pulling this from memory so I could be wrong but I doubt it I'm not usually. One I believe is mounted to the fuse holder and I think that one is the emergency flasher and then one used to have a little clip that it set in up on the side of the steering column mount.

I'm pulling this from memory so I could be wrong but I doubt it I'm not usually. One I believe is mounted to the fuse holder and I think that one is the emergency flasher and then one used to have a little clip that it set in up on the side of the steering column mount.
I think you are dead on because the one that i found that is clicking with the hazards is with the fuse box. I found another round cylinder looking sensor over towards the radio (on the right of the column) i assumed it was some sort of tube for the radio i bet its the other flasher

Got some little stuff done today. I got the gas primed. Got atf in the transmission. Got the dissy in and clocked (the right way i hope) also go my throttle cable hooked up and my shift linkage hooked up and adjusted. Other than exhaust its ready to start. I still haven't figured out my binkers. I now have hazards on the from left but not the right? No clue. Still can't figure out the signal lights i can't find the relay. Now that I know there are 2 of them I can't find the signal one I have dug al thru the wiring I can't find it? Lol

20210119_173640.jpg

20210119_173037.jpg

20210119_173034.jpg

20210119_173031.jpg

20210119_173018.jpg

20210119_172722.jpg

i've had cars in the past where the hazards only work one side, unless i put the column indicator stalk over to the 'non working' side (in your case right) and then both sides work. without the ignition on, weird but true.
neil.

Well I spent all day today working and attempted to start it for the break in...... with no luck. It won't start. I have no spark i don't understand why. I have juice to the coil juice the coil wire even juice to the cap where it contacts the rotor. But not spark. I have a million leaks my brand new carb with brand new fuel lines are leaking like a seave. I can't get it to stop. I got a trans leak I got a coolant leak. Im about to say screw it iv had enough. Im sure the cam is wiped out from cranking! Oh yea and the starter quit working too!

Well I spent all day today working and attempted to start it for the break in...... with no luck. It won't start. I have no spark i don't understand why. I have juice to the coil juice the coil wire even juice to the cap where it contacts the rotor. But not spark. I have a million leaks my brand new carb with brand new fuel lines are leaking like a seave. I can't get it to stop. I got a trans leak I got a coolant leak. Im about to say screw it iv had enough. Im sure the cam is wiped out from cranking! Oh yea and the starter quit working too!
Complete mummer don’t give up. I ran into similar issues breaking in a motor. I got my engine to start and broke the cam in, then it just quit running after that. My bulk head connections were fried out especially the alternator wiring.

Complete mummer don’t give up. I ran into similar issues breaking in a motor. I got my engine to start and broke the cam in, then it just quit running after that. My bulk head connections were fried out especially the alternator wiring.
At least it quit after the break in lol. This was the one thing I was hoping things would go smoothly. Nothing iv done so far has worked the way it was supposed to. I was just hoping this would. Im not sure what im note aggravated about the excessive fuel leaks or the wiring issues.

-
Back