My Dart Swinger Project!

-
If you have a Tractor Supply anywhere close by, go look thru their bolt aisle. I remember seeing thick walled spacer tubing there, so maybe you can find something you can cut to length. :)
Yea I was kinda thinking the same I have to get some bolts for the downpipe to I got to long. Lol

Amazing work. Very happy for you. And everything looks really good. It looks professional with everything coming together.

Ok finally got the shift linkage to work its still not right and I don't really like it but it works. The little connection that goes in the lever is upside down I don't like it if the cotter pin ever decides to break its just gonna fall out. But it works and it changes gears so I'm gonna go with it. I was testing the shifter and all of a sudden the ratchet feature don't want to work. I don't understand it because I just tested it a few days ago and it worked now it don't. I don't care I will figure that out later. To much to get done to worry about that! I got the wiring done the cluster is in and the steering column is in. Going to go put the seat in in a minute. The cluster is a temporary one I never finished the trim on the one im using and im not waiting on that I have this spare one so I will use it for now.

20201213_181954.jpg

No progress on mine. Things are tough right now. Wife is positive for COVID and it has turned into pneumonia. So been trying to take care of her and keeping the house and kids going. Have only been able to work one day since Thanksgiving. Haven’t been on here in awhile but wanted to see how you were doing. Made me feel good to see how close you are. Almost like it’s my car if that makes sense. Keep it up and Merry Christmas to your family if I don’t talk to you before then!

No progress on mine. Things are tough right now. Wife is positive for COVID and it has turned into pneumonia. So been trying to take care of her and keeping the house and kids going. Have only been able to work one day since Thanksgiving. Haven’t been on here in awhile but wanted to see how you were doing. Made me feel good to see how close you are. Almost like it’s my car if that makes sense. Keep it up and Merry Christmas to your family if I don’t talk to you before then!
Man I hate to hear that praying for your wife and you! Take care of your family the car can wait! Merry Christmas buddy!

This was a great feeling. Seat is in, dash ,steering,and wiring all done! I still have to finish the fuel lines and finish the transmission lines but for the first time in over 16 years I sat behind the wheel of this car with an engine in it! It's supposed to rain all day tomorrow so I probably won't get much done. I'm gonna try to have everything ready and do the break in on Thursday!

20201213_201627.jpg

20201213_201615.jpg

20201213_193115.jpg

This was a great feeling. Seat is in, dash ,steering,and wiring all done! I still have to finish the fuel lines and finish the transmission lines but for the first time in over 16 years I sat behind the wheel of this car with an engine in it! It's supposed to rain all day tomorrow so I probably won't get much done. I'm gonna try to have everything ready and do the break in on Thursday!

View attachment 1715648668

View attachment 1715648669

View attachment 1715648671
Awesome!

View attachment 1715648668

View attachment 1715648669

View attachment 1715648671
Starting to look like a real car again

Awesome, so awesome to see a 75 getting finished :usflag::usflag:

Got the carb and fuel lines on yesterday. Still gotta finish hooking everything up but its getting ready to be broke in soon. The weather turned nasty today so I didn't get anything done maybe tomorrow.

20201215_170004.jpg

20201215_170014.jpg

20201215_170019.jpg

20201215_170044.jpg

20201215_170054.jpg

20201215_170100.jpg

Looking absolutely awesome!..
I've worked a lot with those b&m shifter cables and levers... My first question is the lever on the transmission a factory lever or the one that belongs to the b&m shifter?..

Looking absolutely awesome!..
I've worked a lot with those b&m shifter cables and levers... My first question is the lever on the transmission a factory lever or the one that belongs to the b&m shifter?..
Its the one that came with the hurst kit. The problem im having is the cable is 20 years old and rusty and I can't get it adjusted properly lol I'm gonna buy a new cable they are like 60 bucks from summit.

Its the one that came with the hurst kit. The problem im having is the cable is 20 years old and rusty and I can't get it adjusted properly lol I'm gonna buy a new cable they are like 60 bucks from summit.
Just wondering the Hurst has a shorter throw than the factory lever..

Just wondering the Hurst has a shorter throw than the factory lever..
Yea its all the old parts that came with the kit when I bought it almost 20 years ago the cable and bracket as set on the ground all this time and the two crush nuts that your supposed to move to adjust the cable are so rusty they are hard to turn and the threaded portion of the cable is all stripped and rusted making it impossible to adjust properly!

Yea its all the old parts that came with the kit when I bought it almost 20 years ago the cable and bracket as set on the ground all this time and the two crush nuts that your supposed to move to adjust the cable are so rusty they are hard to turn and the threaded portion of the cable is all stripped and rusted making it impossible to adjust properly!
Yup, new cable..lol..

Getting close. Couple questions for you. What exhaust manifolds are those ? Magnum ? Nice choice on the carb. Did you overhaul it ? And where did you get your factory style hose clamps ? They look great !

Getting close. Couple questions for you. What exhaust manifolds are those ? Magnum ? Nice choice on the carb. Did you overhaul it ? And where did you get your factory style hose clamps ? They look great !
Those are magnum manifolds off a 2001 dodge ram 5.9. I found them on marketplace for 35 bucks. He had already cleaned and painted them for more. The carb is actually the one thing I did farm and had had someone else do for me. I do want to learn how to rebuild and tune them but I didn't want to start on an engine that was brand new and not broken in. I wanted to make sure that I had a known good running carb. I got our very own @Dana to build it and im glad I did. He did a fantastic job. Was very fast and affordable. I highly recommend him! And the the hose clamps i got from an ebay store i don't remember which one but it was one of those restore stores. I absolutely hate them lol they do look good but they are a pita to put on and take off. Maybe they make a special tool for those but they suck with pliers! Haha

Maybe they make a special tool for those but they suck with pliers! Haha

Corbin clamp pliers. SUCKS without them. Lol
I got tired of shooting them across the shop.
Then I loaned my pliers out, didn't get em back and just
quit using the damn things.

-
Back