My Dream Workshop 36'x54'

-

Dart_440

Reaction score
I have begun to design my dream workshop.. It's 36'x54' with a 10'x12' man cave. So for fun I have put together a 3d fly through of the outside and inside.. It's not complete but you get the idea. Just thought I would share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNkHiwWYcj4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcayxPNInyg

Nice dream shop 440 :cheers:
I see you have a fridge in there :cheers: The only thing I would add is a shower stall for those dirty and hot jobs, I only say that because a friend of mine put one out back of the shop and it sure was good to get cleaned up before heading home. Very nize=P~

Nice dream shop 440 :cheers:
I see you have a fridge in there :cheers: The only thing I would add is a shower stall for those dirty and hot jobs, I only say that because a friend of mine put one out back of the shop and it sure was good to get cleaned up before heading home. Very nize=P~

Couldn't agree more.. I also plan to add a :pottytra:!!

what program did you use to do that? that is cool.

I used 3D microstation XM (AutoCAD's competitor), it's definately not the best program for this sort of thing but since I have access to it for work I figured why not.

Very cool indeed. Mine needs a paint booth, dedicated body work room (don't want dust on everything in the shop) and the man space would be closed in as well so I don't have to heat the whole place :-D

Very cool indeed. Mine needs a paint booth, dedicated body work room (don't want dust on everything in the shop) and the man space would be closed in as well so I don't have to heat the whole place :-D

I love the ideas.. I have very similiar ones myself.. this was my first layout and there are few things similar to what you have mentioned that plan to change/add.

I like the suggestions keep em coming!

I really like the lay out.
I suggest you pave or use a concrete pad in front of the main doors sloping down. I wish i would have done that with mine right away.
BTW, that's a nice red beret you are wearing!:-D
Tom.

That is awesome! My mouse "hand" was in the middle of the screen and it looked like I was walking with my hand out to turn on the flat screen tv.

I miss my 24X48 pole barn at my old house. Loved all the space. My new work garage is smaller, but heated. It will be bittersweet when I can have it all to myself...it means the kids have grown and their toys will be gone=) =(

That is pretty cool! I like the Duster with the junk comin' out of the hood! LOL

Might I suggest if I may that if you have the space to put the air compressor outside in a closet you'll be happy with the lack of noise. Plus it's easier to build a double insulated wall to keep the noise out.

I'm working on the mini version of my dream shop, I hope to build the real one when I retire. The one I have is about 27' x 22, room to work on one car with a man space and tool room at the back, I'm a little farther along than these pics, should have the whole thing done in a month or so, and there is a beer fridge in there, you just can't see it from these angles :-D The dream one would be like this plus 1500 sq feet for all the cars and the paint booth :-D

Here's the man space part :-D

DSC02602.jpg

DSC02585.jpg

DSC02591.jpg

Looks great. My shop is 32x40, heated and central air. You can spend a lot time in the shop. It has to be comfortable to work and play in. Maybe I missed it, but was there a frig in the second option? Don't forget the frig. I'm sure you will enjoy which ever one you choose.

Don't forget the radiant heat flooring for lying on your back in the winter.Or for when you want to stare at your cars in the middle of the night you don't have to put your slippers on.

just remember they are never big enough...I have a 28 x 56 and still isn't big enough...

That looks really nice... One feature I love about mine is this front overhang ( porch ) I use it as much as the inside.... Just something to think about.... It did not add a lot to the total cost of the shop.... And if needed could be closed in some day.....
113_0074.jpg

-
Back