my dual electric fan controller install.

-

younggun2.0

Reaction score
I have had problems with my Derale duel fan controller part # 16789. I have had one box quit working and one of the temp sensors quit working on me. I have plumbed the car for this style of controller so i am kinda stuck with it. I have gotten tired of hard wiring it all so i decided to build a junction box of sorts. here is what i have got done so far.

this is where the box will go. it is in the front bottom corner of the passenger side inner fender.

then i got to fabricating the housing. it is all aluminum and done by hand.

here you can see the terminal strip installed.

here is the box partially done.

and here you can see how it will mount.

and here is the box basically done. i just need to have the frame powder coated then it is ready for final install.

You know just how to make anything custom completely clean looking! Looks good!

Darn firewall blocks almost all the image hosting you guys use..... :(

Nice fab work, that looks great! :thumbup:

Too bad about the controller, Derale is supposed to be good stuff. I love the Dakota Digital controller I use with my ford contour dual fan set up, but it has to be in the cabin.

Nice work. The one thing ,I love about your posts: It's gonna be innovative, and it's gonna be nice...

Nice work. The one thing ,I love about your posts: It's gonna be innovative, and it's gonna be nice...

Thanks man I really appreciate the kind words! I enjoy these little projects and if it gives anyone here an idea or motivation in there own project then I'm happy to post it.

Can I ask where you tied in your yellow wire for the ignition sense?

I jumper wired the ignition hot to constant hot. This way the fans can still run when engine is off. This is a part time drag car and did it this way so that if I was running hotlaps at track could still cool car in staging lanes.

I wonder how well that would work using a phenolic block(like carb spacer material) to keep the heat off of it. Nice work!

-
Back