My Duster is now a V8 car.

-

J-MacsMopars

Shade Tree Vintage Auto on YouTube
Reaction score
Well, I had a few extra hours the other night to work on my Duster. So I did what I could. I changed the K-frame. It was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be. I had it cleaned up and swapped in less than two hours. I didn't even have to drop the suspension. I was told by a few people to keep the slant T-bars. I hope I made the right choice. Anyway, here are a few pics.

Picture184.jpg

Picture186.jpg

Picture191.jpg

Picture195.jpg

Picture198.jpg

Picture200.jpg

Here is a pic of my trunk full of goodies
Picture078.jpg

And a pic of it sitting with a storm moving in
Picture077.jpg

Picture187.jpg

And the 8 3/4
4-12-09015.jpg

You know Jeremy that it is cheating with that lift. Looking good. How is the 360 coming along?

The 360 is still waiting. I think I am going to build the rear next. I have a choice of 3:23 or 3:91 sure grips, not sure what to use. For the 360, I am down to needing only lifters, gaskets, carb kit, and a few other small odds and ends. I also need to get gears for the speedo and tires. Then exhaust and then drive the hell out of it. I still need to get a pair of frame connectors too. I'll have to talk to you about that sometime. Hopefully we will both have our cars driving around the same time.

And the lift, well. If ya got it, use it. lol. It sure did make it easier. I have done a few on the ground. It sucks.

Looks good - Personally, if your not going drag racing, I would have gone w/ V8 torsion bars.

I have the /6 bars in my daily driver Duster now and it isn't to bad at all. No sway bars, and that would be nice to have, but.....all well.

Hey C, you gonna work on that intake to fit the T-Q on there nicely? Theres room I beileve to grind away on the carb pad to fit the carb on there well. Under the carb pad there seems to be enuff of a scalop to fit that T-Q on there nice.

What size cam are you thinking about for the 360 and what gears?

You sure got that dun in fine fashion C_stripes :cheers:
I can not give any advice exempt keep us updated and enjoy.
Looking good :cheers::cheers: That is one big step behind you. :-D

Thanks for all the complements. I am planning on using a spacer plate so that I don't do any permenent damage. That way if I decide on another carb later, I can go with it. The cam shaft is a crower beast. I hope that it will work well. I am using a 3:91 741 cased sure grip. Should be able to get up. Fory exhaust, I am going duel 2.5 with flowmasters and an H pipe. I am using 340 manifolds that have been ported. I am really hoping this car will come together. I am guessing allot of the parts look familiar to several of the members here. I have gotten many of these things from them. Thanks again.

LOL

I am guessing allot of the parts look familiar to several of the members here. I have gotten many of these things from them. Thanks again.

He he he, yep, on my stuff as well. Plenty of parts from members.

-
Back