My Duster weight Combo .. 12 or 11 sec ??

-

ValerianMagnum

the little car that could
Reaction score
Hi guys .. heres my Duster Combo .. its become verry light since it got out from factory and since the last 2 year i do my best to make it lighter every year ...

STOCK WEIGHT 3 242 POUNDS & 245 HP

GOAL : 2 700 POUNDS & 500 HP/ 500 TORQUE : 11 SEC CAR

-ALUMINUM WHEELS
-ALUMINIUM M1 MOPAR INTAKE
-RELOCATED BATTERY
-ALUMINIUM MINI STARTER
-HOOKER HEADERS
-RADIO DELETE
-HONDA PRELUDE LIGHT SEATS
-FIBERGLASS FENDERS
-SCS CHEETAH SHIFTER + MINI PLASTIC CONSOLE
-2.5 DYNOMAX ULTRAFLOW
-SWAPPED REAR-END 8 3/4 + PINION SNUBBER AND 3.23 SUREGRIP
-MOSER HI-PERF AXLES
-FIBERGLASS REAR AND FRONT BUMPER
-ALUMINIUM BUMPER BRACKETS
-LIGHT DASH INSERT ( PLAIN JANE PLASTIC) + AUTOMETER U-LITE GAGES
-FRAME CONNECTORS
-DUAL SNORKEL HOODSCOOP
-DRIVESHAFT LOOP
-MOPAR PERF 360/390 HP MAGNUM ENGINE
-727 WITH 2800/2900 STALL CONVERTER

i still need more gears , but what do you guys think , im sure that what i have now must be around 2800 pounds and would run 12 sec at the quarter all day long ???

please give me your advices !!! thx

Personally I think your gonna need a bigger stall,what cam,heads?Also what gears and slicks are you going with?

Hydraulic Roller Camshaft — 288°/292° Advertised Duration (230°/234° Duration @ .050") 0.501"/0.513" Lift

i have the 360 magnum rated at 390 hp and 420 ft-pd ( dynoed at 410 hp and 440 ft-pd ) from mopar performance with theHigh-Strength Stainless Steel Valves — 2.02" Intake, 1.62" Exhaus

i was thinking to put 4.10 or 4.30s.. but i still want to use it on the streets !

Use the best ignition system money can buy, 4:10's and 4:30's are streetable as long as you don't expect big highway speeds or gas milage.
If you take the impact beams out of the inside of the doors, i'll bet you can save 20 plus pounds too.
What rear suspension set up are you going to use?
I don't see 11's out of reach at all with your combo so far.

If you don't already have a transmission, I'd use a 904. They're strong enough with the stuff they do to them "nowadays", and are a LOT lighter than the 727.

i run almost identical set-up as you except i have a 451 stroker, and the stock interior. Otherwise it is all the same, and i rolled a 12.5 @ 109 first time out (3:55 gear w/2500 stall). I am planning more gear and better ignition and am hoping for high 11's next summmer. I am running around 500/550 combo

Deffinately more converter..and with that weight and combo you should be in the 11's if not theres a problem..

You should hit High 11s with a good 500 HP motor, 4:10 gears. I would add S/S springs, 3000 stall convertor which will be good on the street and on the track. A higher stall would be nice. You may want to run adjustable shocks on the front. That way you can set the car for the track and set it back for the street.

Cool ! so it means that if everything runs correctly i can run in the 12s range in this position ! its cool ! i never did drag racing at the track and i hop to bring it next summer , i just dont want to see a 14 or 15 on the clock !

lol with that much hp you should be low 11s but then again might need a 3500 or so stall

You should be well into the low 11's..for comparison my "stock stroke" 400 h.p. 360 in my 3400lb "street" duster has been 11.70's...

-
Back