My Duster...

-
Well hell.... That was the last race on the engine block, Thought I pushed a head gasket out.... well its worse... #7 has a small crack...will be pulling it out today, to see what broke....back up last week-end, pulled the left head found #7 fire ring burnt up..was cleaning things up to put the head back on....yeppers, a cracked cyl.... Heres some pics....

indyheadgskt010.jpg

indyheadgskt009.jpg

indyheadgskt008.jpg

indyheadgskt007.jpg

indyheadgskt003-1.jpg

indyheadgskt002-1.jpg

Will have it out later today, and pull out #7 piston.... looks like the rings are broken.....

Maybe it's time to upgrade to a better block. Those heads are likely making real good power.

That really sucks!!I,d love to be racing this weekend,but ofcourse it,s RAINING again.Kinda puts a damper on things.Hope you get er back together soon.So you can spank more chebby,s.Cool vid....

Ahhhhhhhh MAN!!!!!!!

Thens the breaks and ya gotta hate it. I hope your recovery is simple and speedy.

Well its pulled and car is resting till next year, #7 piston and rings are fine....I guess the cyl wall was thin, it has a .060 overbore, any way I have a few more pics...

Yeppers its gone....
indyheadgskt004-1.jpg

The cracked hole #7
indyheadgskt005.jpg

indyheadgskt006-1.jpg

indyheadgskt007-1.jpg

My buddy on clean up.....Duster is sleeping...
indyheadgskt008-1.jpg

indyheadgskt017.jpg

Piston and rings.....This is the side that the crack was, crack was at the top side of bore

My helpers for the day....
Adrien(Mustang guy...lol)
indyheadgskt011.jpg

My buddy Monkey....He's#1 in his book....
indyheadgskt012-1.jpg

And my *****, Molly
indyheadgskt013.jpg

Well thats all for me this year, not sure what im going to do, but I do know, Nothing will be done till after new years.....

that blows, man
Consolation that it didnt come apart and take a head and the bottom end. That was a close call.

Ya thats the good part, all the expensive stuff is still good, Might just get a block and bore it, and reassemble... It was a sweet *** engine... been together since fall of '04, No probs at all, till now... had little over 50 logged 1/4 mile passes, and around 500 miles or so running on the street in my town, no clue how many test runs outside of town.....Oh well thats racing....

Hate to hear it man, thats a good looking duster none the less. Good luck with your new build.

You have a good looking b-tch as well

Hate to hear it man, thats a good looking duster none the less. Good luck with your new build.

You have a good looking b-tch as well

Thanks... will have it back up next year!!! At least it didn't die at pinks all out, in st louis.... Im in the pinks all out takes... for about 1 second

Looks like you may need to "tall fill" a block before you build the next one. The other guys are right, the heads you're running must really move some air.

car goes hard ,what times did she run ,and what are the engine specs

car goes hard ,what times did she run ,and what are the engine specs

ran 11.10 dail in that day, the best has been a 10.71@126, that was on a nice cool day in oct of 05. Engine was, Indy cyl headed 415, wisco 12.5 pistons, some big *** solid cam... lift is like 624, or around that, shifting @7400, 5500stall, 4.30 with a spool. car wieghs about 3400 with me in it.

damn--that car runs good !!

will u be at Cordova sep 27-28th ?

me and a few guys might be coming out there from des moines

I,m not 100% but I think a tall fill is when you fill the water ports ona block with engine cement.It strengthens the block.I could be wrong??

-
Back