MY dyno and ET slip, What do they tell you?

-
Yeah, I bit the dust and bought a 9 1/2 dynamic, I bet Im going to love it!

i agree, you need a better fitting convertor, not to loose -so you can utilize the tork of that 422, but looser than current convertor. you still have lots of room for more power bigger cam-more duration/more lift, and have the eddys ported . then it will run in the 10s with a tune and traction with 4.10s my 2 cents.

call dynamic or Ultimate and see what they recommend, but call a few times because different guys there might give you a different stall speed like they did for me lol

That convertor is 90% of the problem. An 11" convertor with that high a stall speed will slip like a son of a ***** in high gear. Get either one of the "en vogue" 9.5" units from Dynamic, PTC, or preferrably Ultimate or a "tight" 8" set to 3600. Get some taller tires.

And you still didnt answer or did I miss it... Chassis dyno or engine?
Chassis Dyno, Ok, I didn't know they slipped in high gear.

IF you go with a 28" tyre and 4.11s, my guess is you're not going to cross the tape at much above 6000 with a SB stroker and that MPH

I say this because I know of a 408 (3300lbs) running OOTB eddies with 1.6 rockers, and a similar cam, 3.89 gears, 27" tyre that runs 11.2s at 120mph and crosses at appx 5800.

Your trap RPM using MPH and tyre size can be verified here -

http://www.wallaceracing.com/gear-speed.php

http://www.wallaceracing.com/calcmph.php

ATM your crossing at around 6400rpm (using the MPH and 26" tyre provided) - It may be it's already stopped pulling b4 you trap it?

Dustd - If the one you mentioned in the PM is what they say, I think it will help. It may not be perfect, but it should be a bit better than what you have. It may be a slightly lower stall than what the 440 had tho because you have a 6% longer stroke and probably more power. IMO, if you can get it for a super deal it's worth a shot. If you can't get a deep discount regardless of it's low miles, call and have one made for you. It's no savings if you have to buy a convertor twice.
Also, fix that tach. It's imperative you know what you're trapping at the stripe to calculate slippage, and to see in relation to the dyno's curve where you are rpm wise. It also helps with consistent launches, which will be the next thing to work on. IMO, no sense in wasting time tuning the suspension until the convertor issue is debugged.
If the results are correct (chassis dynos are notorious for being off) you're making plenty of steam. You just have to get it through the drvietrain and to the ground.

Lose that converter asap, I looked into those Boss Hog verter's and they are NOT an ideal setup and are made cheaply, not trying to be rude just would hate to read about your converter taking a dump on you and taking out more parts. I'd say you need to get the tune up as close as you can before you read too far into the timeslip. For a chassis dyno check out the new Mr. Norm's garage in Machesny Park, ILL they have a chassis dyno that they tune there mid 7 new hemi challenger on, I think they've actually got 2 in ground chassis dyno's now and they have a very good tuner down there.

OK, Holy Crap, I found a 9.5" PTC 3600 for a 440. Had a 100 miles on it. The guy built a stroker and got a coan for his build. Looked great. I took a chance and think I scored. It feels like I put a blower on the car. I put a B&M ratchet shifter on also and shifted into second and pert-near ditched it. That converter was the best advise I think I've gotten so far on this forum. Thanks all. :toothy7: If this thing hooks like it should, I will be in the low 11's with no problem. Bad news is it spun both my belts off, PS, and Alt. Didn't break but just spun them off.

shhhhh... don't let the secret out! LOL

Guys will spend thousands on making more HP and cripple it with a cheap converter. Ask them to spend a couple of bucks, 500-1000 on a quality converter and you'd think you shot their dog...

Not a fan of that particular brand, but, if it works for you, great. If it was 3600 behind a 440 it might be in the 4K range behind your stroker.

Hope it runs like you hope.

Anyone want to buy a Boss Hog 2800-3200 stall converter? lol.....seriously, it's going on ebay tonight!

-
Back